STD Clinic | Ceftriaxone Injection

fauxrang

I was working in the south of Taiwan in 69.

An American from Vietnam came to visit.

In the evening, before we "went out on the town", he offered us a dose of powerful antibiotic - tetracycline - in case we caught something, he said everyone did it".....

Some months later, in a hotel in Kaohsiung I met a married guy who said he had caught "a permanent drip" from a lady in Saigon. He called it "The Black Rose of Saigon" and I had no reason to disbelieve him. He refused to drink any alcohol, said it might interfere with with his treatment!.He was distraught, he dare not return to the US in case he passed it on to his wife. His doctor was now trying combinations of antibiotics in the hope of curing him. He said that at the time, any returning solders were detained in Vietnam and not allowed back. He was working for a scrap metal company who bought up broken army stuff and exported it to Japan cos they wanted the good quality metals.

Although the story in your link sounds similar, it was said to be 1942 not 1969.

Urban myth or not, at 27 years of age, that knowledge kept me on the straight and narrow for life!

Tetracycline is a normal (not powerful) antibiotic given to people who are allergic to penicillin among other things. No soldiers were detained in Vietnam that was an old wives tale he was pulling your leg.

Tetracycline is a normal (not powerful) antibiotic given to people who are allergic to penicillin among other things. No soldiers were detained in Vietnam that was an old wives tale he was pulling your leg.

A common tale told to newbies in Vietnam along with practicing to remove coral snakes. You had two seconds to get it off or you were dead.

1. In the case of the "Black Clap," the shard of fact that must be present in order to qualify the tale as a true legend happens to be fairly easy to verify. Venereal disease was as common in Vietnam as in other wars. http://www2.iath.virginia.edu/sixties/HTML_docs/Texts/Scholarly/Baky_White_Cong_01.html

Now on Thai Visa there are actually two urban legends running. The organ steelers and the black clap.

You can find out what the bar flys are talking about by googling black clap or organ theft urban legends.

Anyway, congrats TV two urban legends at the same time. Might be a first.

OK, so being there and witnessing stuff is not interesting to you.

Fair enough but in 1969, tetrawatsit was the latest stuff available, only the myasins left.....

But I'm past the biblical sell by date so perhaps I'm believing what I want to believe (rather than something found by Google?).

The tetracyclines are a large family of drugs discovered by Benjamin Minge Duggar and reported in 1948. Harvard Professor Robert Woodward determined the chemical structure of Terramycin in 1950.

I first took it in 1965 and remember getting a sunburn because it makes you sensitive to the sun. I was in Vietnam and Thailand in 1968, 1969 and 1970.

Edited by thailiketoo
  • Like 1

Hi,

Buying non-specific anti-biotics may make your infection worse. The symptoms may be alleviated for a while but will linger, as you are already experiencing. A Ceftriaxone injection is probably necessary to overcome resistant infection. You could go to the doctor's clinic by the main (Jomtien to Airport) bus station in Jomtien. The doctor is knowledgeable and will give you an injection in the butt which will be painful for 2 days. It'll cost about 500 baht and will cure everything. There is also a doctor's clinic located on Rama 4, about 300 metres before Soi Ngam Duphli as you are heading toward Silom. He is very good and inexpensive - about 300 baht for treatment. The doctor's are very professional and there's no need to feel embarrassed, they treat people all the time.

If symptoms persist and test show negative, check out Ryters Syndrome (think that's correct spelling). It will show same signs as Clap. Form of auto-immune reaction. German doctor discovered it during WW1. They had been treating it as STD, no response. I had it twice, drove my doctor crazy till he figured it out. At the time my profession put me in possible blood bore contact regularly. Tried Cipro, no result. Cheap Antibiotic, gone 3 days. Pretty rare, but an option.

Urethritis Treatments

Urethritis Treatment

Antibiotics can successfully cure urethritis caused by bacteria. Many different antibiotics can treat urethritis. Some of the most commonly prescribed include:

• Adoxa, Monodox, Oracea, Vibramycin (doxycycline)
  • Rocephin (ceftriaxone)
  • Zithromax, Zmax (azithromycin)

Urethritis due to trichomonas infection (called trichomoniasis) is usually treated with an antibiotic called Flagyl (metronidazole). Tindamax (tinidazole) is another antibiotic that can treat trichomoniasis.

Treating chlamydia

Chlamydia is usually treated with antibiotics. Antibiotics are very effective for treating chlamydia. More than 95 out of 100 people with chlamydia will be cured if they take their antibiotics correctly.

The two most commonly prescribed antibiotics to treat chlamydia are:

Your doctor may give you different antibiotics if you have an allergy, or are pregnant. A longer course of antibiotics may be used if your doctor is concerned about complications of chlamydia. Other common antibiotics are ofloxacin and erythromycin.

Treating gonorrhoea

It is important to receive treatment for gonorrhoea quickly. It is unlikely the infection will go away without treatment and, if you delay treatment, you risk the infection causing complications and more serious health problems. You may also pass the infection onto someone else.

Gonorrhoea is treated with a single dose of antibiotics, usually one of the following:

The antibiotics are usually given as an injection but sometimes a pill can be used, which is taken orally.

THAILAND - Gonorrhea is most commonly treated with antibiotics such as penicillin, tetracycline, spectinomycin, ciprofloxacin, ceftriaxone, cefixime, and azithromycin (3); however, in Asian countries such as Thailand, there have been an increasing number of drug resistant strains of gonorrhea. Today, almost 90% of all gonorrhea strains in Thailand are resistant to penicillin (3). Because gonorrhea has also become resistant to tetracycline and fluoroquinolone antibiotics, there are becoming fewer and fewer drugs that can be taken in order to cure the disease.

• be used.

Antibiotics Currently Used to Treat Gonorrhea

• Combination Treatment with Injectable Cephalosporins - As of August, 2012, the recommended treatment for gonorrhea is one injection of 250 mg ceftriaxone. This is combined with either a single oral dose of 1 g azithromycin or a week of taking 100 mg oral doxycycline twice a day. To date, few gonorrhea strains are resistant to both types of antibiotic. However, this not be true forever. There are alternate treatment regimens available for people allergic to ceftriaxone, but they require patients to return for a second test to make certain they have been cured.

My idea was to treat myself - verify everything was OK - and then get medicine for her.

The employee at the clinic recommended that I add in an additional medication to treat the girl.

But now I am stuck waiting and waiting, after medication that did not work, and negative test results.

Go to normal Thai hospital ask at reception for the STD clinic. You will have to register which takes a little time and of course pay for treatment but this cost is very little.

You have to accept that there is not much privacy but if you see anyone you know they have the same problem so no worry. As for the girl friend, tell her to wear

a disguise. A pair of sunglasses and a baseball cap will do the job. You will see a number of Thai's at the clinic in disguise as they deal with HIV as well.

If your girl will still not go then dump her.

Sorry for vanishing for a couple days... So I went to Samitivej Hospital... my swab test and urine test were both negative... the Dr just called me back today, and my urine culture was also negative. At my visit, the Dr agreed that my tip looked irritated, but was at a loss as to what to do for me. Anyway - they gave me the ceftri injection in my booty... and she also gave me some penis cream.

I would say I look a bit better today - I am crossing my fingers that any and all symptoms are gone within the next day or so.

So I guess I do not have any conclusive answers - probably just some obscure bacterial infection.

If your girl will still not go then dump her.

She has, in fact, blocked me on LINE - aka... her out-of-town-boyfriend has returned, and she needs to cut off all contact. (I know how the game works!)

I am hoping I run into her at the mall at some point, so I can scold her... and make her lose some face.

Honestly - I woke up this morning (4 days after the shot) not really looking better. I wake up, tip looks irritated, and there is the *tiniest* bit of fluid I can squeeze out. Not pus - transparent/reflective looking fluid. If I were to go to the clinic after that, there would be nothing to swab.

Really hope it looks good tomorrow.

Honestly - I woke up this morning (4 days after the shot) not really looking better. I wake up, tip looks irritated, and there is the *tiniest* bit of fluid I can squeeze out. Not pus - transparent/reflective looking fluid. If I were to go to the clinic after that, there would be nothing to swab.

Really hope it looks good tomorrow.

Leave that little pecker alone.

The reason its irritated is you start fiddling with it as soon as you wake up !

Just kidding you but seriously, you have done all you can--give it time to clear up.

I bet you'll think twice about whether to wear a condom the next time ;-)

So - I am definitely *not* better. I am in *more* pain, have *more* fluid, and *more* irritation.

What is frustrating (but also... encouraging) is that all medication (Azithromax / Doxycycline / Ceftriaxone) seem to *help*, but not cure it. I got the Ceftriaxone injection on Thursday, and on Saturday when I talked to the Dr on the phone, I looked/felt better. However, by Monday, it was clear that my progress had reversed.

So - even though I have tested negative for everything, it would seem apparent this this issue is 'bacteria' related... unless there is a non-bacterial issue that antibacterial medications are inadvertently helping to ease?

My plan is to return to the hospital today, and... ask if I should get a double-strength injection? And/or get injections over multiple days?

If anyone has any insight, please let me know. I am really at my wit's end here - I was even reading about prostate problems a few nights ago... the symptoms do not match at all.

So - I am definitely *not* better. I am in *more* pain, have *more* fluid, and *more* irritation.

What is frustrating (but also... encouraging) is that all medication (Azithromax / Doxycycline / Ceftriaxone) seem to *help*, but not cure it. I got the Ceftriaxone injection on Thursday, and on Saturday when I talked to the Dr on the phone, I looked/felt better. However, by Monday, it was clear that my progress had reversed.

So - even though I have tested negative for everything, it would seem apparent this this issue is 'bacteria' related... unless there is a non-bacterial issue that antibacterial medications are inadvertently helping to ease?

My plan is to return to the hospital today, and... ask if I should get a double-strength injection? And/or get injections over multiple days?

If anyone has any insight, please let me know. I am really at my wit's end here - I was even reading about prostate problems a few nights ago... the symptoms do not match at all.

Darn OP, I am sorry to hear that but the good news is it will be much easier to collect a sample for a culture so it can be identified. Make sure to not urinate for several hours before you go to the clinic and make sure the fluid is visible when they swab ya.

I know its not easy advice to follow but try to relax and not let the witch doctors on google and your imagination get you overly worried. The fact is herpes and syphilis and HPV do not display symptoms like those you are experiencing so you will get better.

Has the Uni girl started communicating again? Her returning boyfriend is probably starting to get the same drip as you. It would help if you were in communication.

Sorry for making a wisecrack earlier, I thought you would be fine by now.

Edited by ClutchClark

Try Pattaya. I like Memorial hospital for STD's but others may have better information. If my memory is correct they do the testing analysis on Thursdays. But it has been a few years.

I think you really need to hold off on demanding any specific medication as this "shot gun" approach is part of the problem and only making it harder to culture any organism that might be present. You need a proper diagnosis first.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey - OP here, I have not updated this thread in a very long time... partly because I had no concrete answers.

Summary... I had several visits to the Hospital on Soi 47... I had several STD tests... had my prostate checked... the Urologist even massaged my prostate, so that I could *then* provide a urine, and semen sample... so that if the infection was located in my prostate, prostate fluid could be leaked into these other things, for testing (his explanation). Everything negative. Prior to this, and after this... the final antibiotic attempt was 2 weeks of Cravit (Levofloxacin) + Doxy. Again, no success. I did return to the USA (where I am actually insured) (side note: ironically, all care in Thailand, with no insurance, was far cheaper than my care in the USA, with insurance) and went to a Urologist - I had another urinalysis + urine culture (because the Dr did not trust my word, or the Thai tests) - everything negative. Then I returned for a Cystoscopy (camera into my urethra)... this revealed irritation in a couple locations, but no scarring that would be caused by long-term Chlym/Gono exposure and no internal warts (which he was worried about).

So the verdict - he suspects it was just an extremely nasty, and unidentified virus, or retrovirus. My symptoms are basically gone - I can feel some slight internal discomfort near the tip at times, and some slight discoloration at the tip (ie, red, or apparent lack of red)... but it has all improved.

So - long story short... everyone be careful... and if you are having some incurable issue - it may be viral... and you just have to wait it out. For months. Apparently. (We are talking... about 4 months now, since I was originally 'infected', and I am not feeling 100% normal yet)

A couple weeks ago, this girl did appear on TF (dating site) - I did write her, and asked her to unblock me on LINE... she promptly deleted her TF (no idea if I caused that, or if she even read my message)... but ya... this is out there... walking around.