Non Immigrant B & Work Permit Cancellation Upon Resignation, 7 Day Visa Extension Available?

I have resigned my job and will finish on the 24th of June. I am visiting the immigration office on the 23rd with our HR department to cancel my work permit and visa.

I need to know whether I must leave immediately on the 24th out of the country to Vientienne where I will apply for a double entry tourist visa or can I request a 7 day extension on my visa which will then give me another week before I leave to Laos.

Is this possible?? The information I received from my HR department was that it could NOT be done, but I'm not sure they really know or not.

HI Joe, Thank you for your update. In the interest of saving money, if I was to leave on the 25th to Vientiane via Nok air's fly and ride service, would I get manage to get through the border without being charged an overstay?

I know when flying direct from airport to airport they will usually give you one day's grace but if going across at a border crossing will I still receive this same grace period of one day or will it be counted as a one day overstay??

If I was going to fly to Vientiane on the 24th (which is the day my visa will expire) what would be the last time I would be able to make it across the border on Nok Air's fly and ride service?? Does anybody know? Reason I'm asking is that I will have to work this day and would only be able to leave Bangkok late afternoon and am doing my best to get all this done ASAP and without wasting any money.

There is no one day grace period at border crossings. You would pay a 500 baht fine.for one day of overstay.

The bridge does not close until 10 pm so you should have plenty of time.

Edit: The last flight for Nok Air's fly/ride to Vientiane is at 12:20. Seem to be a bit earlier than when you want to leave. You may have to fly to Udon and take a van to the bridge.

"I have resigned my job and will finish on the 24th of June. I am visiting the immigration office on the 23rd with our HR department to cancel my work permit and visa."

OP, I don't think what you posted is entirely correct, but on the off chance it is, no need to do anything but let the Labor department know you are resigning. You can just let your visa expire.

If you don't have a visa, but it is an extension, then your way is correct.

Dear Terry & Joe, Thanks for your mails. Yes that was a mistype on my behalf. I've got it all sorted now and will just leave on the 24th by Nok Air and make sure to get over the border before 10pm to miss any overstay fine and be ready to line up for application of new visa first thing on the 25th.