The 8 Baht ICE bags at 7/11 or Family

ronthai

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

37 replies and who knows how many views...and its talking about Ice cubes !!!!

Unbelievable !!!

The opening words from the OP says it all "I know, stupid, not important subject"

Seems he was wrong by the response

Sure but some can never pass up a chance to spew.

2 x half an ice bag at 8 Baht each, compared to 1 complete icebag at 15 Baht, so you save 1 baht.

Do they really import them from Japan ?

We used to get really good square cubs of ice in UK made in Ireland but cannot get it any more as the women who had the recipe died.

So sad.

• Like 1

I go to Somchai 3 houses down, 5baht gets me twice as much ice.

I prefer to go to the mom and pop shops as often as I can. Sometimes I pay more and sometimes I have to look at expiration dates, but I like supporting my local neighborhood shops.

/inb4 "double pricing", I can't speak Thai, quality etc etc

Carrier bag full, 5bht from Somchai shop-front.

• Like 1

Have you tried throwing the 8 baht bag of ice on to the floor repeatedly?

works for me.

Same same (but not different) - an accelerated drop to the floor, flip the bag over and repeat (if needed) then into the freezer.

I used to do the ice cube trays - had 4 large and 2 small going all the time. Spent more time refilling them than it was worth. I found even the "better" quality ones would start to break and leak after a couple of months and I finally just gave up on them.

The japanese ice is the only one my wife will use ,dont know why ,but if it makes her happy ,its a small price to pay.

I know quite a few Thai wifes married to a foreigner, who will only buy overpriced goods. biggrin.png

Ms. Bino bitches at me for wasting money when I bring home the 15 Baht bag of ice because all of the 8 baht bags are sold out.

Furthermore, I get a lot of satisfaction from hurling the ice bags down on the bathroom floor to smash it to pieces.

At the morning market, there is always a chap with a machine that shaves or pulverises big blocks of ice into slush. I would love to know where the shaved ice goes because I see him lifting the big blocks with his bare arms, and carrying the ice with the block hugged against his bare chest from the ice box to the machine. I want to know where NOT to buy something cold.

You are right.....st_pid. Next time try to find a subject that is more educational or entertaining....something that is helpful to everyone who reads tv. If everyone would do this....it would be worth the time to go to this site.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Have you tried throwing the 8 baht bag of ice on to the floor repeatedly?

works for me.

Same same (but not different) - an accelerated drop to the floor, flip the bag over and repeat (if needed) then into the freezer.

I used to do the ice cube trays - had 4 large and 2 small going all the time. Spent more time refilling them than it was worth. I found even the "better" quality ones would start to break and leak after a couple of months and I finally just gave up on them.

I found some good ones at Big C that have held up for almost two years....of course I don't give them an accelerated drop on the floor - flip them over and repeat....................................................... Edited by pgrahmm

At the morning market, there is always a chap with a machine that shaves or pulverises big blocks of ice into slush. I would love to know where the shaved ice goes because I see him lifting the big blocks with his bare arms, and carrying the ice with the block hugged against his bare chest from the ice box to the machine. I want to know where NOT to buy something cold.

It goes most likely to the fish & seafood stalls.

My fridge has an automatic ice maker with a 5 litre reservoir. I never buy ice, just water @ 14 baht per 20 litres. coffee1.gif

You buy water!!! I have two 80 metre wells with drinkable unlimited water for 150k 4000 litres an hour off each...........i drunk it so i know..........hang on must dash to the bathroomw00t.gif

• Like 1

My fridge has an automatic ice maker with a 5 litre reservoir. I never buy ice, just water @ 14 baht per 20 litres. coffee1.gif

Should get me one of those

Sang Som and water is my poison. I go through a lot of ice. By my reckoning, with my own ice-maker, the savings I will make means the fridge will pay for itself in only 43 years.

I have a water filter which has already paid for my fridge and itself.

Coming from where the water is the best in the world, I never buy bottles.

How many litres of ice do you get form all that water then ... 555

I must be old. We have those things called Ice Cube Trays - fill em up with bottled water and wait.

Amazingly they are about the same size every time and yes they fit in your glass.

Japanese Ice Cubes, do they fly them in?

I had an Ice Cube tray once, it was great having my dinner with my favourite rapper looking up at me.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

i wouldn't live in Thailand without my icemaker.

I know a Cambodian bar girl in Patong who last week told me the exact same thing.

She dates an Australian guy who is a member of the Nomad bike gang.

Also i have a waterdispenser on the fridge which is great. I drink loads of glasses of water with ice a day so i don't even have to open my fridge to get that. Love it. The thing also drinks from the tap (with UV filter) so we always have ice and chilled water, full automatic.

Well...ice cold water only drains your energy as your body has to bring it to body temperature to assimilate. That being said, warm Sang Som is most definitely worse. Actually, Sang Som at any tempter is nastybah.gif

I don't know know, probably not, a local factory, my guess.

Got Japanese ice in my Thai drink (SANGSOM RUM) now, with American Pepsi.

AM I INTERNATIONAL OR NOT cheesy.gif

... and smoking Indonesian cigarettes, iScore (37 baht for red or green),

330 a box at CP shops/markets

Short life planned HH ???

My preference is a refrigerator with an ice maker with through-the-door water and ice, hooked up to the tap water via a 5 stage filter with pre and post filters, sediment filter, charcoal filter for removing organics and bad smells and taste, high capacity reverse-osmosis membrane filter and a UV light to kill germs or viri.

The water doesn't have any taste, is pH neutral and since you're not opening the freezer section as often, the cubes don't thaw and freeze together.

Probably cheaper than 15 ฿ a bag in the long run, you get chilled water too and it's a lot more convienent.

My preference is a refrigerator with an ice maker with through-the-door water and ice, hooked up to the tap water via a 5 stage filter with pre and post filters, sediment filter, charcoal filter for removing organics and bad smells and taste, high capacity reverse-osmosis membrane filter and a UV light to kill germs or viri.

The water doesn't have any taste, is pH neutral and since you're not opening the freezer section as often, the cubes don't thaw and freeze together.

Probably cheaper than 15 ฿ a bag in the long run, you get chilled water too and it's a lot more convienent.

Just gonna cost you 75k for the appliance cheesy.gif

thats 9375 bags of ice at 8 baht !whistling.gif so at 2 bags a day thats about 12 years worth of ice or buy a fancy fridge !

Just gonna cost you 75k for the appliance cheesy.gif

thats 9375 bags of ice at 8 baht !whistling.gif so at 2 bags a day thats about 12 years worth of ice or buy a fancy fridge !

Don't forget that his fancy fridge uses about 240 Baht of electricity a month, which is already a bag a day

It goes most likely to the fish & seafood stalls.

Ah, yes of course. That's ok then.