Beer Lovers, Name Your Favourite Drop...

krisb

HB Weizen Beer draft. It's a beer from Munich and every month I buy 5l. Otto sells it at 1200 Baht on Sukhumvit 18.

Erdinger is also great and Paulaner too is not bad.

HB is really good beer.thumbsup.gif

Had a 6 pack of this one the other week. Expensive at over 500baht a 6 pack here in Australia, but my mate works at the bottle shop and knocked over 50% off for me...nice chap.

post-151649-0-89548200-1403234331_thumb.

Here's a lovely Czech beer to look out for.

Kozel, it means goat in Czech, and the dark beer they make is very very drinkable, even if you aren't big on dark beers.

post-151649-0-04944700-1403234563_thumb.

This Primator hefe weiss beer I am hoping to try one day. Can't get it here in Australia sadly.

Won best beer in the world last year. thumbsup.gif...hard to imagine how much better than a Weienstephaner or a Franziskaner it could possibly be?

post-151649-0-52416300-1403234724_thumb.

Edited by krisb

You talking about beers generically (ie to include lagers as well) or just real beer.

Big difference

Any beer you like...

No such thing as a bad beer, even a nice cold lager is great imo.

Outside of the UK proper beer (ale) without all that shit gas added, is very hard to find, next to impossible in fact direct from the cask.

Couple in the USA, and there is a micro brewery in Hong Kong and one just opened in New Delhi as well where you can.. But no where in the world can you get a better bitter than in the UK

My 'usual' when at home:

1296.jpg

Best bitter in the south:

dark-star-brewing-co-hophead-london-cock

Best bitter in the north

products_landlord_bigpic.jpg

Best bottled up and coming brewery by far that I've ever tasted

BrewDogPunkIPA.JPG

Best 'easily obtainable' beer and to drink wherever possible in Asia (compared with the rest of the muck)

sapporo-beer.jpg

Best beer of all time, although I've only had it once as it's almost impossible to find

FLO%20WBE%20ELDER%20ALE.jpg

Edited by Grindting
  • Like 2

I'm surprised that nobody's mentioned Watneys Red Barrel.....

I miss a good English Ale, served direct from a wooden barrel - although I've not seen many around during my occasional trips home.

Locally I prefer Chang classic - but only in limited doses.

Try the German "Aventinus" it has a purple label. Lovely dark beer. But in my opinion cant beat the UK CAMRA porters and stouts at the local festivals in UK

It actually looks purple!

post-151649-0-88070300-1403237003_thumb.

You talking about beers generically (ie to include lagers as well) or just real beer.

Big difference

Any beer you like...

No such thing as a bad beer, even a nice cold lager is great imo.

A real ale connoisseur (me), can tell when the beer is near the bottom of the barrel, or a beer is near it's sell by date..........

post-41816-0-54548100-1403236967_thumb.j...................laugh.png

• Like 1

I'm surprised that nobody's mentioned Watneys Red Barrel.....

I miss a good English Ale, served direct from a wooden barrel - although I've not seen many around during my occasional trips home.

Locally I prefer Chang classic - but only in limited doses.

post-151649-0-83362200-1403237111_thumb.

Pretty much any Czech beer. They also set up a lot of the SE Asian beweries like in Lao and it shows. Budvar is a corker.

Agree. Budvar has been my favorite beer ever since I visited Czech Republic about 15 years ago. It's called Czechvar back in the USA and I used to keep stocked up at home. Still haven't found it anywhere in Thailand but did surprisingly find it in a bar in Angeles City in the Philippines.

Most of us falangs despise thai beer. I did too until I tried ARCHA. This is the beer that comes close to foreign brands like hieneken. It's not any surprise because it has won a gold medal in australia. Try it, if you haven't already.

Most of us falangs despise thai beer. I did too until I tried ARCHA. This is the beer that comes close to foreign brands like hieneken. It's not any surprise because it has won a gold medal in australia. Try it, if you haven't already.

w00t.gif