Cambo DL

Hi Phuketrichard, what about a 5-year license? Almost 2 years ago I was thinking about getting the 5-year license, so I came in to Cambodia on the business visa "just in case" they needed it as proof of residency and was told that I would need to use a driving school to take the practical and theory tests, pay around US$200-250, wait about a week for a temporary license to be issued and a month or so for the full license. Since I later realized I wouldn't be heading back to Cambodia for a while (indeed I didn't have any need to go back until earlier this year) I decided not to go ahead with either the 5-year or even the 1-year license at that time, since apart from the high cost of the license, spending extra days wailing away in Phnom Penh didn't seem like a good option at the time, but for a regular business traveler or expat it would make sense.

This year I have been going to Cambodia on business quite a lot so I renewed my 1-year license. Strangely it took a month for the license to be issued and therefore 4 months before I saw it (as that's how long it was between visits) when 3 years ago it only took like 3 days if you paid extra. Perhaps it depends who your agent is?

• Like 1