Non B visa

Hey,

I have a non B visa which I got with paperwork from a school, but have since left the school as it wasn't what it claimed to be before I arrived there.

I didn't stay long enough to get the wp activated.

I have now accepted a job elsewhere teaching in BKK, question is this, do I need a new visa?

Or can I still use this one at the new school to apply for an extension of stay?

I only have until the 30th then it runs out...

Can somebody please enlighten me.

It would depend upon how long it takes for the work permit office to issue the work permit.

You could wait until the last day of your permit to stay to apply for the 7 day extension just in case that the work permit was issued before then.

Since you are from the UK you would get a 30 day visa exempt entry (it is not a tourist visa).

But with paperwork from the school you could get a non-b for teaching without a work permit application being done.

So I could do a land crossing which gives me 30 days, have my school transfer it to a non B and then get the work permit..

Sounds like a plan B to me.

Cheers.

What ubonjoe posted was that as a teacher witch the correct papers from your school/local education authority, you can apply outside of Thailand fur a Single Entry 90 day Non Immigrant 'b' visa without the WP application being first filed.

So I could do a land crossing which gives me 30 days, have my school transfer it to a non B and then get the work permit..

Sounds like a plan B to me.

Cheers.

What I meant was that it would be better to go to a nearby emassy or consulate to get the non-b rather than making just a border run.

If you were able to do a conversion to a non immigrant visa entry based upon teaching at immigration you would only have 15 days to do it with a 30 day exempt entry.

You must have 15 day remaining on your entry to do the conversion.