How to land a great ticket to BKK during high season?

simonnnn

Yes, I'd agree. Malaysia is one of the better airlines. Personally, I'd have no problem flying with them again. They've been incredibly unlucky to have lost two aircraft, both in highly unusual circumstances.

Edit to add:

I flew with Malaysia about 15 years ago from Bangkok to Adelaide and back, and on the return leg, before the plane departed, the Captain, a very dapper Sikh in his 50s, actually came into the passenger section at the head of the plane and introduced himself over the PA, greeting the passengers and welcoming them on board, and suggesting that we don't drink too much alcohol to avoid dehydration. It was a lovely touch, and something that I've never experienced on a flight before or since. It somehow inspired confidence in the man who was holding your life in his hands, actually knowing who he was.

Edited by nisakiman

I have a feeling that it might be worth looking at the prices on the Malaysian Airlines site to KL (then Air Asia to BKK). I think they may be struggling to fill their planes for a while.

I use skyscanner generally - it tends to find the best deals.

have you found this to be true ?

and it is also possible they go out of business because of these 2 disasters and who will honor the return tickets ?