Phuket dawn raids net five people

webfact

Phuket dawn raids net five people
Suthicha Sirirat

1403244209_1-org.jpg
Provincial Police Deputy Commander Col Arun Klaewwatee addresses police and marines before the dawn raids.

PHUKET: -- Police backed by marines from the Royal Thai Navy Third Fleet early this morning (June 20) descended on the Parlai community in Chalong in a mass search searching for illegal weapons and drugs.

The mass raid was the second carried out ̶ the first was in Phuket Town on Wednesday (June 18). Involved were all the island's 245 crime suppression officers and investigators, who checked 14 target places in the Parlai community between 5 and 8am.

They arrested one man for illegal possession of a Czech-made CZ 9mm and 13 bullets, and another for possession of kratom. They also nabbed three people for encroachment.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-dawn-raids-net-five-people-46970.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-06-20

good job boys! no crime,drugs, or weapons in Phuket. HA HA HA ....they cant catch them because they are police..Guaranteed..And they never will catch them...too much $$$ involved ....It is getting way way out of hand tho...Ive said this for years. Thais are their own worst enemy. Everyone used to love them and love their hospitality and their smiles. Now they are all gone, Because they were mistreated.Cheated, Robbed, Killed, And everything else and they will never be back........;)

• Like 2

well I think all these positive actions are better for everyone, any news relating to,guns,drugs,mafia, being rounded up is all good by me, and it`s happening a lot more recently, I know there`s a long long way to go but, all makes for a better place, and boy does it need it

good job boys! no crime,drugs, or weapons in Phuket. HA HA HA ....they cant catch them because they are police..Guaranteed..And they never will catch them...too much $$$ involved ....It is getting way way out of hand tho...Ive said this for years. Thais are their own worst enemy. Everyone used to love them and love their hospitality and their smiles. Now they are all gone, Because they were mistreated.Cheated, Robbed, Killed, And everything else and they will never be back........wink.png

They arrested one man for illegal possession of a Czech-made CZ 9mm and 13 bullets, and another for possession of kratom. They also nabbed three people for encroachment.

Really? 245 police and navy marines and they net, one guy for a gun and 13 bullets, some katrom from one person and three for encroachment? All of five arrests. Dog and pony show comes to mind. What a waste of resources IMHO… Try going after the real criminals on this island with that kind of force and I will be impressed.

Edited by Jimi007
  • Like 1

good job boys! no crime,drugs, or weapons in Phuket. HA HA HA ....they cant catch them because they are police..Guaranteed..And they never will catch them...too much $$$ involved ....It is getting way way out of hand tho...Ive said this for years. Thais are their own worst enemy. Everyone used to love them and love their hospitality and their smiles. Now they are all gone, Because they were mistreated.Cheated, Robbed, Killed, And everything else and they will never be back........wink.png

Yes, and based on those statistics, there are more people on Phuket stealing land, than possessing illegal firearms and drugs, combined. biggrin.png

Kratom. what a b******t law against a harmless substance. So really 245 crime suppression officers and an undisclosed number of marines conducted raids over the period of 3 hours and caught 1 man with a gun. Great work, a commendable success. Personnally if I was in charge of this operation I would have kept as quiet about this as possible.

Edited by TallPalm

Kratom. what a b******t law against a harmless substance. So really 245 crime suppression officers and an undisclosed number of marines conducted raids over the period of 3 hours and caught 1 man with a gun. Great work, a commendable success. Personnally if I was in charge of this operation I would have kept as quiet about this as possible.

You may not be happy, but I'm sure the locals there are happy, since this raid seemed to be aimed at the people trying to evict the locals. Looks like that has been stopped.