Dns By True

stumonster

for the last couple of days DNS requests to TRUEs servers has been very shoddy . I just pinged them and got replyies of 2 and a half seconds and its about 11 hops to get there.

so I have been thinking maybe I need to start caching common IP's.

I can run a proxy and have it do some caching , though I was thinking there might be a more elegant solution. I had a search through the mozilla plug-ins and extensions but there does not seem to be anything there that fits the bill.

does anyone have any suggestions for a nice small DNS caching solution.

Stumonster,

You want to be a bit careful and not forget you've done this. You could simply put the enties in the hosts file. That will be in \windows\system32\drivers\etc on XP. That would be simplest and fastest.

Peter

for the last couple of days DNS requests to TRUEs servers has been very shoddy . I just pinged them and got replyies of 2 and a half seconds and its about 11 hops to get there.

so I have been thinking maybe I need to start caching common IP's.

I can run a proxy and have it do some caching , though I was thinking there might be a more elegant solution. I had a search through the mozilla plug-ins and extensions but there does not seem to be anything there that fits the bill.

does anyone have any suggestions for a nice small DNS caching solution.