100,000 Baht South Pattaya Gambling Event broken-up by Banglamung Sheriff

Rimmer

100,000 Baht South Pattaya Gambling Event broken-up by Banglamung Sheriff

gambling-11.jpg
PATTAYA:--The District Sheriff and District Chief conducted an undercover operation at a house in South Pattaya in the early hours of Saturday which saw a 100,000 Baht gambling event shut-down and 7 people arrested.

Officials were able to infiltrate the event using an operative who was able to contact local government officials who were ready to converge on the location.
- See more at: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/132392/100000-baht-south-pattaya-gambling-event-broken-up-by-banglamung-sheriff/#sthash.wa0zpBoP.dpuf

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-06-21

Recently I am continually reading about the "sheriff" but don't know anything about him. Does anyone know what his authority is?

Does he have full police power? Are his people uniformed and armed? Do they patrol? Is he independant from the Royal Thai Police?

Seems the sheriff is doing the job that normal police are paid for but do not perform. Why is the sheriff able to find and arrest law breakers when the police don't seem to know they exist or where they are?

Edited by aguy30

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Recently I am continually reading about the "sheriff" but don't know anything about him. Does anyone know what his authority is?

Does he have full police power? Are his people uniformed and armed? Do they patrol? Is he independant from the Royal Thai Police?

Seems the sheriff is doing the job that normal police are paid for but do not perform. Why is the sheriff able to find and arrest law breakers when the police don't seem to know they exist or where they are?

Why? Because probably he doesn't take bribes !

This is news? Such a small amount.

This normally refers to the "Buy In" 100,000 baht to sit down at a table - could be 20 tables or more with 6-12 seats per table - that adds up..........I could be wrong, but over twenty years ago, I was a gambler in Thailand, and made a prety good livng at it.............good gamblers back then had respect in Thailand, no guns, knives, gangs - (Farang Gamgsters) everyone respected each other and played cards...........whistling.gif

This is news? Such a small amount.

This normally refers to the "Buy In" 100,000 baht to sit down at a table - could be 20 tables or more with 6-12 seats per table - that adds up..........I could be wrong, but over twenty years ago, I was a gambler in Thailand, and made a prety good livng at it.............good gamblers back then had respect in Thailand, no guns, knives, gangs - (Farang Gamgsters) everyone respected each other and played cards...........whistling.gif

Hopefully Thailand will eventually legalize gambling. I like to play poker so I fly to Macau every now and then to play. They would make a lot of revenue if they legalized gambling in Patts and or Phuket.

• Like 1