Condo Security and Bringing Women Back to your Room

garet

I recently moved into a condo with round the clock security; one guy does the night shift and one guy does the day shift. It's good to have security, but the downside is the security guards see every woman who comes in and out to visit.

I'm not bringing tarts to my room, but I have had quite a few female visitors, including friends. Every time I walk by the security sitting at the desk in front of the lift, I feel a little ashamed. I know I pay the rent and it's up to me to choose my visitors, but it's a bit uncomfortable. One of the security guards never smiles at me anymore. I do try to be friendly and buy them a bottle of beer now and then.

Anyone else in a similar situation?

Part of me says, I don't care what they think, I pay the rent and don't cause any problems, and another part of me thinks this makes me look bad and should not bring many people to visit here.

Edited by garet
  • Like 1

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ever heard the phrase "dont sh** on your own doorstep".

Yes, I know the phrase well.

So what's the answer, don't bring anyone back unless she's wife or girlfriend? I'm recently single, so don't have a gf yet. The people who visit me aren't tarts.

Did the OP feel similarly ashamed when he was taking women back to his hotel room?

If yes, then stop doing it.

If no, then there's your answer.

Well, with a hotel I don't usually care because it's only for a few days, but with the condo, I know the security guards and see them every day.

In the end, I know that it's my room and it's up to me if I want to bring visitors back. Just being seen makes it a bit uncomfortable.

• Like 1

Yes, the famous "walk of shame" ..... everybody knows everything amongst the staff... they will gossip about you and you friends and if you never bring anyone, they will gossip about that too. Just the way it is.

Well said. I guess I just have to accept that frequent "walk of shame", and of course they will gossip, but that is human nature.

"One of the security guards never smiles at me anymore."

Poor guy is sad. He's feels he no longer has the option to offer you his "sister" for some baht.

I didn't know Farangs could get jobs as security officers.

I rented a service apartment at a hotel for years and the girls who visited me were definitely tarts. The only problem was they made the girls working the front desk (who were not tarts) very uncomfortable. But as it was also a businessman's hotel there were tarts in and out all the time. Some how the OP must think he is exceptional in that women enter and leave his rented condo.

Answer to his vexation: No one really cares.

I rented a service apartment at a hotel for years and the girls who visited me were definitely tarts. The only problem was they made the girls working the front desk (who were not tarts) very uncomfortable. But as it was also a businessman's hotel there were tarts in and out all the time. Some how the OP must think he is exceptional in that women enter and leave his rented condo.

Yes, that's a good point, however there are only 3 farangs renting in this building and the other two are married. There are only about 40 rooms to the whole building, so I guess I stand out.

But in the end, after a little gossip, you're right, nobody probably cares.

Yes, that's a good point, however there are only 3 farangs renting in this building and the other two are married. There are only about 40 rooms to the whole building, so I guess I stand out.

But in the end, after a little gossip, you're right, nobody probably cares.

Most of the time I was the only farang.

It is not the Security Guards you should be concerned of too much.

You should be concerned, and be considerate, of your fellow residents (Tenants/Owners) every time you bring a girlfriend to the condo. I live in a condo (Owner). Frankly, we as residents (Tenants/Owners) would frown upon any resident who brings "short-time" girlfriends home.

there are many angles to the gossiping thing

i recently decided it's great i am not gay and don't bring different guys home frequently

that way if they were to gossip about me 'that guy brings lots of diff gal's home,' it feels perfectly natural and healthy

(no gay bashing meant here)

Edited by infinity11

i thought i should tell everyone i bring gals home for english lessons

like they would believe that

i think we need a

'creative responses to gossiping thread for farnag guys in thailand'

or how to nip this in the bud

the truth is you never know exactly what is said to whom and why

what a great world this would be if everyone minded their own business

i do notice the gals that care and like me dont give a hoot what others say

or at least it doesn't stop them

DON'T GET ME STARTED --- OOOOPS TOO LATE

Edited by infinity11

Just not the done thing old chap.

What he says, respectable men don't take women back to their rooms at any time, day or night.

A respectable Thai woman wouldn't visit a man's room alone either.

Not to mention,

If you took a Thai girl back to your room, and you didn't have her top off in about ten seconds, she would be wondering what was wrong with you too!

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican
  • Like 1