Shuko Earth Pin

Forkinhades

Forky, the pin isn't missing, it's part of the French outlet that this universal Euro plug fits.

Unfortunately the spacing isn't right for you to insert a pin in the hole and have it line up with a Thai outlet.

You need one of these :-

schuko-2.jpg

Looks like this when fitted :-

schuko-3.jpg

Get them from HomePro with the other WonPro adaptors.

Looks like a very useful adaptor to have as some insulation Class 1 imports (usually metal cased appliances eg.toasters) do come fitted with Schuko plugs and so won't be earthed if used in Thai sockets without such an adaptor or completely replacing the supplied moulded on plug.

Forky, the pin isn't missing, it's part of the French outlet that this universal Euro plug fits.

Unfortunately the spacing isn't right for you to insert a pin in the hole and have it line up with a Thai outlet.

You need one of these :-

schuko-2.jpg

Looks like this when fitted :-

schuko-3.jpg

Get them from HomePro with the other WonPro adaptors.

I've been to several different HomePro stores around the country, and have never managed to locate these adaptors ... Are you sure they're still stocked?

My solution was to buy a PC power cable, cut off the IEC end and fit a Shucko socket.. It's fine for my garden/power tools, but it's not a very nice solution for my kitchen appliances sad.png

Edit: I think I just found them :) Can you possibly confirm this is the correct part? http://www.directtoshop.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/en/directtoshop/adapter-wa-gf%28r5b%29-won-p161248

Edited by IMHO

Stock has always been spotty - they may or may not have - as with most items in Thai stores. But I personally do not like as it does not leave room on normal outlet box to use another three pin plug of any kind - recommend removal of Shuko plug (which is not supported by Thai outlets) or buying a dedicated single Shuko outlet. These are available in surface mount models of minimal depth.

I've been to several different HomePro stores around the country, and have never managed to locate these adaptors ... Are you sure they're still stocked?

My solution was to buy a PC power cable, cut off the IEC end and fit a Shucko socket.. It's fine for my garden/power tools, but it's not a very nice solution for my kitchen appliances sad.png

Edit: I think I just found them smile.png Can you possibly confirm this is the correct part? http://www.directtoshop.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/en/directtoshop/adapter-wa-gf(r5b)-won-p161248

Yes, that's it.

I agree with L3 in that you can't get two in a double outlet.

Once the warranty is up I chop the Schuko and put on one of those nice slim Haco 3-pin plugs that let the lead hang vertically. They do look rather fragile, but I've never broken one despite dropping the beasts from height onto concrete.

I would recommend cutting off the shuko plug and replacing it with a standard three pin plug. If you do manage to find a shuko socket and fit it so the plug will work you will then be locked into only being able to plug in shuko plugs into that outlet or finding an adapter for them. IMHO, "out of the frying pan int the kettle".

@Xy last post

Indeed the hako plugs are good. I also like the neon light.

However in this instance I do not want to have the trailing lead hanging down as the installed socket is tight to a worktop, so no room for the cable to hang down.

Arrghh LOS, such simple things, are so bloody hard here.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I would recommend cutting off the shuko plug and replacing it with a standard three pin plug. If you do manage to find a shuko socket and fit it so the plug will work you will then be locked into only being able to plug in shuko plugs into that outlet or finding an adapter for them. IMHO, "out of the frying pan int the kettle".

Not always - I have replaced with Schuko sockets only for dish washer and water pump which are set locations and dedicated lines and not likely to change from Schuko plug. If needed it is easy enough to surface mount another type of outlet.