Aussie Partner Processing Wait times

We have given them all the requested information including my divorce papers last week so i hope now it just a matter of waiting. Like i have said it is the inability to make any plans that is frustrating .

Apparently Immigration has a re-designed web-site and re-designed forms and now everything has to be submitted electronically . Does not effect me but could make it more difficult for some.

Last June so that it is almost 10 months .just behind you .

Oz Immi web site is currently stating 12 - 15 month processing time. I am assisting a friend in Oz, application submitted 04/14, few weeks ago rec'd email requesting some updated info.

Thats for onshore apps.

Offshore is 9-12 months in BKK.

Great thread guys….

I am currently in the process of applying for a permanent residency visa for my wife and her 20 year old dependent daughter to Australia.

I am constantly overseas working so have engaged Siam Legal International in Bangkok to facilitate this process. I must say the consultant I used was not used to applications with dependents aged over 18 as she was unaware that the form 47A (Details of child or other dependent family member aged 18 years or over) was to be submitted as part of the application. I remind her after stumbling across the info online.

The wife will be a "shoe in" for a visa. She ticks all the boxes and I hope her daughter is too. I have supported her daughter through school and college and continue to support her now. My wife has travelled to Australia 3 times and I live in Thailand as an expat.

It looks like their visa applications will be submitted late this month or early next month so I will update everyone here with the progress as it moves forward.

I have gained some valuable information from this forum and particularly this thread ergo why I would like to "give back" so others can use the information to assist them in their partners visa applications.

Submitted applications for wife and daughter on the 8th of April.

Hoping it takes along time to be approved because I dread having to pay tax again though I need to get my kids in an Australian school ASAP.

Thanks Oz. But can you enroll kids without the appropriate visas in Australia without getting hit up for the fees foreign students pay. I thought the order would be to get the visa and then enroll them in a school when they have arrived. I think i just have to wait for the decision.

Hi Guys

Any updates on visa grants, my partner submitted her PMV Subclass 300 at VFS on 28 September 2014 so I am hoping the wait time will be 9-10 months.

She did get contacted on 11 Feb to provide an additional document and CO says application is now complete. Had no more contact since late Feb.

Allan

Hi Guys

Any updates on visa grants, my partner submitted her PMV Subclass 300 at VFS on 28 September 2014 so I am hoping the wait time will be 9-10 months.

She did get contacted on 11 Feb to provide an additional document and CO says application is now complete. Had no more contact since late Feb.

Allan

We have had no update yet. Applied 5th June, 2014. 10.5 months so far, others i know are 11 mnths with still no update either.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys

I heard of someone getting the visa. They applied 28th May 2014, got the visa 16th april 2015.

Got the visa yet?

I have been reading on other forums that the average time is 9 months. Some have been getting them in 8 months, but I have not seen one that is over 11 months.

I read that when it gets to about 11 months and depending on circumstances the embassy will ask you if 1 month will be enough time to travel to Australia. If so then no issues. If not then the wife needs to get another medical and police check done to extend the entry time past 12 months.

For me 1 month certainly would not be enough time as we have to sell the house, all assets etc before we can move over.

Good luck anyway and let us know when it is granted.

Hey guys

I heard of someone getting the visa. They applied 28th May 2014, got the visa 16th april 2015.

Got the visa yet?

I have been reading on other forums that the average time is 9 months. Some have been getting them in 8 months, but I have not seen one that is over 11 months.

I read that when it gets to about 11 months and depending on circumstances the embassy will ask you if 1 month will be enough time to travel to Australia. If so then no issues. If not then the wife needs to get another medical and police check done to extend the entry time past 12 months.

For me 1 month certainly would not be enough time as we have to sell the house, all assets etc before we can move over.

Good luck anyway and let us know when it is granted.

No visa yet, 11 months on the 5th. Waiting times have been extended and are lengthy atm.

No wife, its a boyfriend. One week would be suffice for us, we are keeping the house bikes etc in Thailand.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Me and my partner applied for a PMV in Sept/14, it got approved just a couple of days ago. Total processing time was 8 months and a handful of days.

We recieved zero communication from the time we recieved the email saying our application was valid, to the visa grant date. (not even a confirmation of CO assigned)

Actually, we did recieve a reply from someone in immigration when asking if there was anything my partner needed to complete before getting a tourist visa for the christmas period, and we deduced that was our case officer.

Don't stress too much about not recieving communication; apparently no communication is a GOOD thing.