Aussie Partner Processing Wait times

Online and through a migration agent and he is saying will not get the request until a c/o is assigned .

Fress ... mate, she did her application 'on-line' ... the first I have read here.

It would be a great contribution to the collective knowledge if you started a new thread and detailed the process ... seriously.

How you did it will be the way of the future for these application and you Sir, are a pioneer!

Like anything in Thailand ... up to you.

fress when they send confirmation of receipt they should give you the letter to go for medical unless your lady has had a medical already within the last 12 months

woody we were queued a week apart FYI

gee i must have been queued rather quick then.From memory you applied mid March and me near the end of April . Here's hoping the final stage is quick too.fress what gopro said is the way it happened to us.Got our confirmation letter followed by the request for medical and yes offshore Edited by woody087
  • Like 1

Online and through a migration agent and he is saying will not get the request until a c/o is assigned .

MissFarmGirl, my partner, got her request to do the medical within days of the Application being submitted through the VFS.

We didn't use an Agent.

Mate, just quietly, I would send an email to the Embassy asking if they have received the Application which the Immigration Agent is supposed to have sent.

My Motto ... 'Trust, but Verify'

Edited by David48

Just to clarify , i am married still to my first wife but we are in the process of divorce and property settlement as we speak. Very stressful time - so many things are happening at the moment . We were married in 1986 and separated 5 years ago and i have been in this relationship for that 5 year period. We have been thru the village wedding etc and i regard her as my wife . She has two children who are great and are almost as crazy as what i am . It sounds like i need to supply more evidence but the wording of the letter requesting " information from another person or organisation about your health,your ability to satisfy public interest visa criteria(including your character and police history, your English proficiency,or your skills and qualifications". is still what i am unsure of. I guess i need to email them for clarification .

Also wish i hadn't cleaned up my emails , computer and office recently - always knew that all the clutter would be useful sometime.Too late now.

The book that James put a link to is a great help. Wish i had known about it before - recommended reading.

Thanks for everybody's imput. Really appreciate it.

Thought id help you!

We also received this automated email via our agent.

We received itdue to my boyfriends police record from 14 years ago.

So wr are supplying more evidence of his character, such as letters from police etc that we know snd yhst know him well.

Today my Miss read on a Thai site that one got there visa today and it was lodged on 15 Feb this year..... That's 10 days after we did !!'

She's not happy"!

I have read that it's very random but wen you lodge before others and they get there visa before you it's hard ...

Woody... Just don't get it how they still be doing January and they approve one from Feb....

And this is what they email everyone......

In the interests of fairness, we process applications in the order in which they are received.

My girl looks at a couple of Thai sites especially ones on Thai Falung relationships and some of the stuff she reports back to me seems to be contrary to what i read here on TV too. I put it down to Thai girl on upmanship and it doesn't need to take it too seriously . I will find out the site when she comes back from eating Som Tum although i don't know if i am able to say the name of the forum here.

What Thai site is she on out of interest ??

Wife wants to know

Go facebook and search

" ห้องชุมชนคนไทยในออสเตรเลีย-สะใภ้จิงโจ้ "

She will tell you some story's that come out of there and you just have to lough ...., ?

Had a metting last night with my agent to see if we can get hold of someone to talk to as we have had nothing from when we lodged..

All I got was more salt in the wounds" as there I thought we lodged on the 5th Feb .. Well that's when they sent the email to say they have received it,the papers were lodged on the 24th Jan ..!!!

So that makes it over 9 months now?

Spoke to an agent here in bkk yesterday just asking a bit of advice on medicals as we had just don't ours and know that my wife has hep b

She had a little bit of information on it but not a lot

But what was interesting was that she has just had 2 partner visas processed in 7 months both lodged in March and been approved this week .

Spoke to an agent here in bkk yesterday just asking a bit of advice on medicals as we had just don't ours and know that my wife has hep b

She had a little bit of information on it but not a lot

But what was interesting was that she has just had 2 partner visas processed in 7 months both lodged in March and been approved this week .

fress ... if I could be direct?

That was a Thai Agent who told you 7 months?

If yes ... whistling.gif

7 months and 1 week from date of acknowledgement from Immi to date of approval

Probably decision ready applications, where the paperwork was submitted all at once, rather than drip fed submissions by some of us.

We are 'decision ready' ... we haven't been asked for, nor submitted anything since the lodgement of the application.

Just saying like.

Police clearance submitted with the applications then they had a medical request 2 days after application .

That was done the next day as this woman was in bkk

Case officer at 12 weeks

Approval at

7 months 1 week

Lucky I guess

Processed in the order they are recieved my ass

• Like 1

There are always exceptions to the rule for processing times, we have seen before some granted in 7 months for medical reasons here in this thread. Unless something impending is not included in the application it will run its due course. If you read your book or investigated other visa types (some now extinct) you would know what these compelling things are and if they apply to you, you could use them to speed up the process. The last thing the Australian government wants is responsibility or bad press for something that they can be sued for or held accountable to.

Oz