Want 1 br condo rental in Chiang Mai - from owner

Wuvu2

Seeking a 1 bedroom furnished condo in an expat friendly building and neighborhood. I'd like to rent directly from the owner. Agents please do not reply - I am already looking at listing through agent websites.

I want a long pool for swimming laps, double pane windows for heat efficiency, and two quiet AC units for living area and bedroom.

I'm a long term Thai resident and moving to CM for a new job. I'm very quiet, in my mid 50's, and my current landlord of three years can provide an excellent reference.

Please reply with photos and a bit of detail about the neighborhood.

Real Estate is about compromises for most folks....you just can't have it all. If you look in the TV classifieds there is a 40sm studio for 5000 thb per month. It's about 80 meters from the edge of CMU. There is a pool over there, but I don't know the specifics. Generally, though, Thais and pools don't work out to well; and that is why I am glad we don't have one. The condo I mentioned is listed by the Thai owner. You could spend 20K, and you will likely get a nicer place, but your location won't be better. You need an adding machine to count how many beautiful university girls you see on a daily basis. Relative to other parts of Thailand (and CM) the soi dog problem is nominal.

THere is a newish condo complex called Mountainside, that is more like what you described, and more like 15-20K, but I've been told the pool is nice. A lot of 1 brs are simply two studios put together. So you will either get a 25-30 sm studio or a 50-60 sm 1 br. Some of the older buildings have nice size studios like 40-45 that really won't cramp your style...and running two a/c units here is real money.