2 dead, 3 injured in East Pattaya bike collision

webfact

On the other hand........speed-bumps are popping-up everywhere, without a proper marking or warning.

So, instead of blaming the 15 yo so called culprit, investigate who's responsible for the speed-bump and find out whether it was there legally.

WHAT, "blame the speed bumps" INSTEAD of blaming the the 15 year olds .

Edited by Rimmer
  • Like 2

On the other hand........speed-bumps are popping-up everywhere, without a proper marking or warning.

So, instead of blaming the 15 yo so called culprit, investigate who's responsible for the speed-bump and find out whether it was there legally.

WHAT, "blame the speed bumps" INSTEAD of blaming the the 15 year olds .

Joe you must be the funniest guy in your family biggrin.png

Those bumps are there to..... REDUCE the Speed !!

(one thing i agree though as they may paint them like a zebra or something as in the dark you dont see them... but that's the same for the THOUSANDS of wholes in the roads... impossible to mark them isnt it ? facepalm.gif )

2 bikes, 5 people. Way to go Thailand.

Now what is the lesson learned here? What are you going to do so something like this never happens again?

Exactly.

What is the lesson to be learned?...the lesson is to learn to read properly, there were 3 bikes involved. Way to go KunMatt.

Two boys aged 15 were killed and two further 15 year olds and a 32 year old were injured as two motorbikes collided head-on in a road crash close to the Elephant Farm in East Pattaya on Monday Evening?

jb1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The rider, whose bike exploded on impact, was my next door neighbors' nephew. He was a good kid, who took care of his younger baby cousin everyday and enjoyed raising his birds. He was a quiet and gentle soul. Yes he was underage but in this case, he was a victim. RIP.If you could witness the grief and look of the family next door at the moment, it might change your remarks,

So?

When that north Korean guy with bad haircut dies, do you think his mom would cry? How about I put money on the table and bet the whole country cries? Your point? Crying+sadness= no crime?

By the looks of it, one of the bikes was modified; it must have been the speeding one.

Dude I'm telling you, we have got to sue Honda. If they didn't name it Wave, this accident could have been prevented. Honda Turtle could save lives in Thailand.

My house is near big school here in Pattaya. You can see every day morning and after 4pm traffic jam when these kids are going in and out of the school. 3+ each bike, no helmets, many dangerous situations... and no police. But other day I see policeman manage traffic lights in central Pattaya big crossroad while eating nice icecream... making the traffic jam even worst so maybe that's why we not see them controling situation on streets when is really needed. Are they only good in ticketing farangs for no valid driving licence?

15 year old infants should not be out playing on motorcycles.

I know, for many it is the only way to get to school, but it shouldn't be.

Thankfully there were no infants involved in this accident.

You don't know what infant means then!

You know what they say about keeping quiet rather than removing all doubt!

Edited by jacko45k

Yes guys, I'm rather funny, but do you all remember the speed-bumps along Beach Road.

After causing some serious accidents (people kept speeding) they were adjusted to a more friendly obstacle and people could keep speeding.

I regularly encounter speed-bumps which suddenly appeared overnight.....no marking, no signs, no black-and-white color...........

But I suppose I'm thinking somewhat too Western.

I going for dont care, parents dont care, police dont care, teachers dont care so I dont care. brain dead parents have to be the one giving them the bikes and as said they all drive off around a cop outside school who dont care,

"2 less maniacs on the road who could have ran into me.

Like most parents I shuttle my son to School every day and back, with 5 schools in the area, we have to pass a multitude of high-schoolers, no helmet, 3 or 4 on a bike (may I add a newer bike than mine), hurling along the main drag. I may also point out that the main drag run directly in front of the Royal Thai Police Academy, it is literally teaming with cops. I would never have had the balls to do that as an underage rider.

These two fatalities can squarely rest on the community at large, allowing it, ignoring it and not realizing that high speed and kids is a lethal mix. For a 15yo a skateboard is dangerous enough!

Oz

Nothing new here, this,happens everyday, Parents don't have the gumption to explain safety....

Just on you go and best of luck.....

I see them speeding on there way out from school, no helmets, full throttle...

So so sad..

R.I.P.

" I see them speeding on there way out from school, no helmets, full throttle... "

And this all happens EVERY SINGLE DAY in front of the police who don't give a SH^T as there is no Money involved.....

They should FORBID those motorbikes and FORCE them to take the bicycle !!!

But i know this is a big joke in TH.....

Yep, that's what they do here and been doing; it's a cultural choice as are the consequences; and no joke: why should it be.

TiT. Get used to it, have your Will in order, manage your own kids as best you can, and accept you or they could be next. Or leave.

Edited by JSixpack

The rider, whose bike exploded on impact, was my next door neighbors' nephew. He was a good kid, who took care of his younger baby cousin everyday and enjoyed raising his birds. He was a quiet and gentle soul. Yes he was underage but in this case, he was a victim. RIP.If you could witness the grief and look of the family next door at the moment, it might change your remarks,

I'm still waiting for an answer from you to my reply yesterday seeing as you chipped in to the defence of the boy involved and said you knew his family. It would appear that this "good kid" was breaking several laws which ultimately ended the lives of 2 people and injured 3 others, so seeing as you are the best chance to get the answers we want;

Did the 15 year old boy have a licence to ride this category of moped?

Did he have insurance?

Why was he breaking the law and not wearing a helmet?

Why was he breaking the law and carrying 2 passengers on a moped?

They will never learn , this is the way of life here, and Budha will protect you , if not it was meant to be and the family will continue their miserable lifes.

Sent from my SM-P601 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

School close to where I live in Hua Hin every lunch time and afternoon school out the BIB. Guide the kids out of the school gates onto the main road, four to five twelve year olds on one bike, the BIB don't give a sh......t.

my take on the situation is that's they stop the kids they don't have any money to give the BIB so they donT waste their time. Also seems like it is accepted behavior , of course have an accident with a farang we know who is to blame.