Looking for Beeswax and/or Carnauba wax

Kiniyeow

Not powered, but small hand held blocks preferred. I will be using it for coating small wood turned projects.

What I don't want is Paraffin wax (for candles) which is sold at Chiang Mai Plastics and World Chemical (both great places BTW).

Has anyone seen a good source for them? The Carnauba wax would be preferred as it is a harder wax, but either one or a blend of the two will work.

Actually you missed a trick, real beeswax is in the shelf in world chemical, infront of the office.

I bought some last week, but I got from warorot market.

In world c its 130bt a kilo and market was 120bt kilo.

Paraffin wax for candles is around 65bt.

Thanks Eyecatcher, I'll have to return to World Chemical and look again. I don't remember seeing beeswax there before, but I wasn't looking for it either. I still would like to get a chunk of Carnauba wax also.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• 9 months later...

I was at World Chemical yesterday and bought paraffin wax and they also had something called "palm" wax...75 baht/kg. I bought it for the hell of it not really knowing what it is. Google told me it is carnauba wax...well i'll be a monkey's uncle...

Blocks of pure beeswax are sold in EVERY Buddhist religious shop in Thailand. Plenty of them all around town... Several in the Warrarot Mkt area alone. Several along the main street in front of the Holiday Inn. Several on Suthep Road... Everywhere! And they all sell both large and small blocks of beeswax. Some sell purified wax, others sell raw.

There are a few bee farms around town where you can get bees wax from the source. I went to one near the train station...sort of. Tons....of bees wax, purified or with unpurified. However, it was not super cheap I think I paid 200 baht a kg or something like that. I thought it would be cheaper and perhaps it could be if you bargain. They apparently ship it to Bkk for making candles.

Refined linseed oil, I bought a small bottle for 50 baht at the stationery/artist supply shop off of Chotana Road, on the soi a bit before Tops.

How about teak oil in place of the linseed? I bought teak oil at Home Pro a while back. Would it be possible to put the additives in the linseed yourself? If you thin it with Naphtha would that help you? It's very quick drying and would thin down the linseed...which would make it dry more quickly.