International School for 10 years old

Hi, we will be moving to BKK next year and I am looking for reasonable priced schools for our daughter (Max budget shall be around US$10,000-11,000 per year).

We are from other Asian country but stayed in Hong Kong for 9 years. She attended international school (British and IB carriculum) in Hong Kong, so her English is quite ok.

The schools I contacted so far are below, and seems most of them have vacancies for Year 6 as of now. I prefer middle size school with mixed nationalities (In Hong Kong, her school consists of 40 different nationalities), of course I do not mind 50-60% is from local Thai. Even for HK, it is the same.

Wells International School

Bangkok Prep International School

Traill International School

Ascot International School

Garden International School

St. Andrews International School

Charter International School

Among above, Garden seems to be good, very reasonbale at this moment. However, I am worried that the school is a bit too tiny.

Any more recommendation? Also any suggestion or comments are welcomed!!!

A lot will depend on where in the city you are staying. I'm sure you don't want your young child commuting for hours per day.

If you're near Sukhumvit, I'd say

1) St. Andrews

2) Wells

3) Bangkok Prep

East of the city

1) Ascot

2) Traill.

In my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

At the budget level you quote you are going to limited to the lower tier schools in the main. Do not forget the application fee's and other extra's too

First term budget projection could well be around a minimum of 35,000. U.S $ or around about 1 million baht.

• 4 weeks later...

We send our daughter to NIST but my wife who is a teacher was blown away by St Andrews on sukhumvit.

NIST won out for a variety of reasons for us but St. Andrews would have been a very happy second choice, which surprised both of us.

My children (10 and 13 year old boys) go to St. Andrews on Sukhumvit 71, and both of them love it.

It was recommended to me by 2 different teachers from 2 other MUCH more expensive schools at an International education fair. This was after I told them there was no way I could afford their more expensive places, and if I was on a limited budget which would be their recommendation.

I'd suggest you visit them all though and do your own investigations. Quite often the attitude of the staff to that will tell you more about the school than the answers to your questions.

Also the location is critical. You probably do not want a 1 or 2 hour commute every day for school.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I would recommend St. Andrews on Sukhumvit 71. I know lots of parents with kids who go there and all have great things to say about it and we're also moving our kids there this year (from a Thai school). They are expanding in the coming years too with a new campus on Sukhumvit Road itself for the high school.