Tak police parade condemns human trafficking and illegal migrant labor coercion

webfact

Tak police parade condemns human trafficking and illegal migrant labor coercion

PNPOL570624001000101_24062014_032638.jpg

TAK, 24 June 2014 (NNT) -The Tak Social Development and Human Security Office has called a parade to condemn human trafficking and illegal migrant labor exploitation in Mae Sod district.

Tak Governor Somchai Hatayatanti called on the assembled police officers to eliminate human trafficking and the coercion of foreign laborers entering the country illegally.

Both issues were emphasized during the campaign, as human trafficking is considered a critical issue which has a negative impact on humanity at a global level, while migrant labor management is crucial in Tak since it is a border province where a lot of migrant laborers, both legal and illegal, cross the border to work in various Thai provinces. These migrant workers can easily become victims of human trafficking.

Mr. Purithat Mikaew, a Tak province social development and human security official, added that the parade was not only aimed at drawing attention to the government's commitment to tackling the issues, but also at communicating directly with the target groups in the area, to themselves be aware of the importance of the problem and cooperate with officials to help solve the persistent problems. The parade was held at the Mae Sod district office.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-06-24 footer_n.gif

• Like 1

It's all good and well condemning but I wonder how many and how high up the chain have had there palms crossed by turning a blind eye or by directly being involved in said activity?

It seems generally that the proof is in the pudding. Huge house (mansion, as most would term) surrounded by ghettos and holes in the ground for local suppliers (illegal imigrants) to shit in before the mansion's trade outlet starts its daily routine, no matter what it be, appears to be a generally good starting point. The bigger the mansion, the higher up the chain. The more Benz'... the more power. And so it goes on. To the biggest house..... Parliament house ...giggle.gif

• Like 1

Parades are for show and usually just once a year. Instead of parades maybe they ought to arrest, try, convict, and imprison human traffickers.

It's nigh impossible to arrest oneself, na. wink.png

Why do you assume it is only the police and military involved in trafficking?

Have you some inside information you would care to share with us?

Do the Police from Tak personally go into Myaramayer and lead the citizens out of the country and go looking for buyers?

It's all good and well condemning but I wonder how many and how high up the chain have had there palms crossed by turning a blind eye or by directly being involved in said activity?

That is a very good question.

Hopefully with the new down grading by the states and a new government that in a month has so far proved to be straight shooters we will find out.

Seems like the people who are liable to be hit in the pocket book are suddenly coming to life. Declaring it is not happening.

Seems like the Thai officials are taking an unfair beating on this. It only takes one to close his eyes not the entire force.

I am guilty of Thai police bashing as are most farongs but push come to pull I have to admit it is the minority that are causing all the problems.

There are many fine officers and enlisted people that are in the various forces.

Please note I am not talking about the ones who take 200 baht instead of charging you 400 baht for not wearing a helmet. In my books they are innocent of what many would have the other people believe. Also they over look the fact that these officers are not paid a decent wage and it is expected by the Thais and the farong community that they earn the money this way. I can only remember one case of an honest person refusing to pay the 200 baht getting the ticket and paying the 400 baht.

Parades are for show and usually just once a year. Instead of parades maybe they ought to arrest, try, convict, and imprison human traffickers.

It's nigh impossible to arrest oneself, na. wink.png

Why do you assume it is only the police and military involved in trafficking?

Have you some inside information you would care to share with us?

Do the Police from Tak personally go into Myaramayer and lead the citizens out of the country and go looking for buyers?

Where were all of these people prior to the U S down grade? All of a sudden it has become a popular band wagon to jump on. If all of these people we keep reading about that are now going to fix this problem had been doing something about years ago a lot of this grandstanding would be a non-issue

Yes, agree. They never did this before, and therefore there is definitely no reason to do it now.

I've just finished about 19 threads dominated by the Official Thai Visa Sub-Committee On Exposing Thai Denial - and now we have a man who is not denying and wants to kick off an actual programme - and you don't like that EITHER. Amazing Thaivisa.

Where were all of these people prior to the U S down grade? All of a sudden it has become a popular band wagon to jump on. If all of these people we keep reading about that are now going to fix this problem had been doing something about years ago a lot of this grandstanding would be a non-issue

Yes, agree. They never did this before, and therefore there is definitely no reason to do it now.

I've just finished about 19 threads dominated by the Official Thai Visa Sub-Committee On Exposing Thai Denial - and now we have a man who is not denying and wants to kick off an actual programme - and you don't like that EITHER. Amazing Thaivisa.

I think I might be missing your point here. All I am saying is all of a sudden people are starting programs, investigations, forming committees to combat something that should have been dealt with years ago, If the Tak Police are going to take on the problem then good for them and I wish them all the best because I think it is going to be an up hill battle

Sorry, but I don't believe this downgrade is entirely free of anti-junta sentiment in the West. Yes, Thailand has been guilty of this for a long time -- as every neighboring country has been guilty (not an excuse, but a fact of business-as-usual that is harder to stop than an avalanche).

The West only cares when they lose influence. The raids on Nike factories and twelve year old workers doing 14 hour shifts is notoriously...occasional. As long as we get our jeans and sneakers cheap we don't care. Not very much. The occasional raid makes us feel like all is well. A rather piteous pacifier to suck on altogether.

The human capacity to not give a crap is nearly infinite and more enduring than love.

Neither side of the political divide is going to earnestly walk into this minefield -- parades and words, bread and circuses, and cosmetic reforms are the order of the day until elections return and the wheels can be lubricated again. Worse, whispers of some involved being now unimpeachable...

again.

blink.png

The HUB of talking about taking action, But not actually taking action. They should just get on and do their jobs, if that is at all possible?

• Like 1

LOL ... well they had a "parade" so the downgrade ought to be lifted. lol or so some in Lack of Sanctions would believe. A change in EDUCATION is sorely needed in the country.

That is a very good question.

Hopefully with the new down grading by the states and a new government that in a month has so far proved to be straight shooters we will find out.

Seems like the people who are liable to be hit in the pocket book are suddenly coming to life. Declaring it is not happening.

Seems like the Thai officials are taking an unfair beating on this. It only takes one to close his eyes not the entire force.

I am guilty of Thai police bashing as are most farongs but push come to pull I have to admit it is the minority that are causing all the problems.

There are many fine officers and enlisted people that are in the various forces.

Please note I am not talking about the ones who take 200 baht instead of charging you 400 baht for not wearing a helmet. In my books they are innocent of what many would have the other people believe. Also they over look the fact that these officers are not paid a decent wage and it is expected by the Thais and the farong community that they earn the money this way. I can only remember one case of an honest person refusing to pay the 200 baht getting the ticket and paying the 400 baht.

I often hear a/b "low wages" for Thai police and teachers. I doubt that is true. A starting salary is a/b bt8000 monthly but advancement and promotions along with time in "service" can bring a nice life to said individuals. Compared to the typical "working" Thai they do VERY WELL. All police/teachers in/around our village own new cars/trucks, and live in nice houses.

I'd love to see the facts a/b salaries - for once.

They went off script! Not supposed to talk about the victims! What do they have to do with it! This is about Thailand's reputation!

-*I typed this myself*-

Edited by taony