90-day Report Still Possible at Major Hollywood?

Hello,

When Chaenwattanata was closed, I went to Major Hollywood Suksawat for 90day reports and other immigration documents. I realized it was way faster for me to go there as opposed to the immigration department at Chaengwatanatta. Now the latter has been reopened, I was wondering whether I could still make the 90 day report at Major Hollywoord Suksawat.

Thanks

Shot answer is no. Only for use by legalized labor of the three adjoining countries again.

http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/intro1.html

Sorry Lop but it is still allowed at Major Hollywood Suksawat and Lad Phrao.

http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/base.php

"From 2nd January, 2014, all foreigners residing in Bangkok will be able to provide their 90 days notification of residence at 2 additional offices, which are Immigration Service Center for 3 national Legalized Labors, Major Hollywood Suksawat and Imperial World Ladprao."

There are reports of people making reports at both locations since CW reopened in the pinned topic about CW reopening.

That is the old notice - the current notice appears to rescind that:

Announcement

Immigration services provided at Government Complex are officially opened

The Immigration Division1 will be opened immigration services for all foreigners(except 3 national migrant labors) at Government Complex, Ratthaprasasanabhakti Building (Building B). ,Chaengwattana Road from Monday 2 June 2014. (Service time : Mon – Fri : 8.30 – 12.00 , 13.00 - 16.30 . Closed on OFFICIAL HOLIDAYS)
Immigration Service Center at Major Hollywood Suksawat and Imperial World Ladprao will provide immigration services ONLY FOR 3National Legalized Labors(Myanmar, Laos and Cambodia) Service time : Mon – Fri : 10.30 – 18.30 . Closed on OFFICIAL HOLIDAYS

For more information, call 1111

Do we have legalized labors posting by chance? Or is it another English language issue? "ONLY FOR" seems to be rather specific. biggrin.png

Maybe they don't consider 90 day reports immigration services.

I don't know really.

The most recent report was from a member that I know is from the US and he did one at Lad Phrao day before yesterday. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/729475-immigration-at-chaeng-wattana-opening-on-june-2nd/page-3#entry8015915

And another one for Suksawat that from their posting history tells me they are also from the US. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/729475-immigration-at-chaeng-wattana-opening-on-june-2nd/page-3#entry7966468

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to keep you updated with my 90-day report. I went to do it at Chaengwattana on July 3rd. However, there are flyers at the entrance of the reporting A room (and on the walls inside pretty much everywhere) announcing ALL foreign citizens can now do 90-day report at lad prao and Major Hollywood. They are displayed in both english and thai. So, don't pay attention to their non-updated website.

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to keep you updated with my 90-day report. I went to do it at Chaengwattana on July 3rd. However, there are flyers at the entrance of the reporting A room (and on the walls inside pretty much everywhere) announcing ALL foreign citizens can now do 90-day report at lad prao and Major Hollywood. They are displayed in both english and thai. So, don't pay attention to their non-updated website.

So timely. I have to do mine next week and was hoping to go to Major Hollwood as it is so much more convenient. The only inconvenience being the late opening. 10:00 a.m. if I recall correctly.

Hi Guys,

So timely. I have to do mine next week and was hoping to go to Major Hollwood as it is so much more convenient. The only inconvenience being the late opening. 10:00 a.m. if I recall correctly.

It opens at 10.30 am. :)

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I am really curious about something....why do so many people actually visit Immigration to do 90 day reporting when the mail service is far more convenient ? 2 envelopes, a couple of copies and about 30b at the Post Office.

It depends on where you are and the office you use. Many people have mail delivery issues which may also complicate the matter. But here in Bangkok we were not allowed to report by mail until recently (although a few did) and there seem to be some offices that will not allow upcountry even now. It is one less thing to worry about if you actually have done it in person.

That said encourage anyone to do what is easy for them. I do not believe the reports should be required in today's world myself (where many do not have a 365 day a year home). If concerned with contact an SMS to cellphone and response could be the normal method today.

• Like 1