This Doctors Thainess probably saved my life!

ppmacready

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And you haven't even once thought maybe these polyps were not real?

How many stories have we heard like this over the years?

Dozens.

They usually give you a dvd. Comes in handy for Xmas presents for those special friends.

• Like 1

Dozens.

They usually give you a dvd. Comes in handy for Xmas presents for those special friends.

I don't know of too many people who have their names tattooed up their butt.

So, from your symptoms you thought you may have GERD or kidney stones?

What on earth are the common symptoms of those two afflictions?

I'll google now, but just from common knowledge, at this point in time I don't know of any commonality between the two.

Which makes the OP sound like a bit of a tall story. (Surprise, surprise!)

Dozens.

You are a cynical person, not without due reason I suspect. However the recording time and date will be on the dvd. Usually this procedure is explained in detail beforehand and if you have never had it performed I thoroughly recommend it.

I'll google now, but just from common knowledge, at this point in time I don't know of any commonality between the two.

How about this ?
I've pledged 100k to a children's charity in Thailand this year.
Now's the time for you to put your money where your well informed mouth is!
And help underprivileged children at the same time.
If I'm not lying you pledge 100K to the same charity.
If I'm lying Ill pay 200K.
Or name the amount.
All my records are on BUPA INTERNATIONAL website for moderators to check and of course I'm happy to take you and a TV moderator to the hospital to see the records.
Of course I'd do all of this for charity.
Now lets see if 'your' reply surprises any of us on this site!
  • Like 1

Doctors ask you questions and within 10 minutes they have worked out what they THINK you have.

Perhaps he saved your life, perhaps not.

I hope he did.

And to all those who Googled symptoms, that's really a dumb thing to do.

Goggle the dangers of Googling symptoms.

Leave the medical world to the pro's.

Edited by krisb

Dozens.

You are a cynical person, not without due reason I suspect. However the recording time and date will be on the dvd. Usually this procedure is explained in detail beforehand and if you have never had it performed I thoroughly recommend it.

Shhhhhhhh

I'm trying to double the amount I've pledged to charity this year.

Doctors ask you questions and within 10 minutes they have worked out what they THINK you have.

I hope he did.

The best pro for your body are you usually yourself, because different than the doctor you can feel what is going on.

Beside that: wrong or right decision by yourself or a doctor: You get the consequences (and not the doctor) so it is good to question everything.

That of course does not mean to jump on the first result Google shows and accept it as the only true thing.

I hope he did.

The best pro for your body are you usually yourself, because different than the doctor you can feel what is going on.

Beside that: wrong or right decision by yourself or a doctor: You get the consequences (and not the doctor) so it is good to question everything.

That of course does not mean to jump on the first result Google shows and accept it as the only true thing.

I felt very lucky the Doctor did not listen to me.

My friends don't call me 'lucky' for nothing.

How about this ?
Or name the amount.
All my records are on BUPA INTERNATIONAL website for moderators to check and of course I'm happy to take you and a TV moderator to the hospital to see the records.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?? What on earth are you going on about?

My skepticism is based on 2 things; You seem(ed) to think you know better than the doctor, and you intimate as much in the OP, yet your self-assessment was it may be one of two totally different things that present, in all ways, very differently. What on earth made you suspect either?

You wouldn't be the first person to make an outrageous wager to try to lend credence to himself. It's called a bluff.

Unfortunately, I only wager what I can afford to lose, and I can not afford 100k, despite the fact that it would be nice to see you give 200k to charity.

Edited by Seastallion
  • Like 1

The doctor likely suspected an intestinal blockage given your stomach symptoms. One of the causes for GERD: An unorthodox lifestyle.

BTW he has only said that he has 'pledged' 100K to charity -- he doesn't say that he has actually given it.

Edited by JLCrab

How about this ?
Or name the amount.

My skepticism is based on 2 things; You seem(ed) to think you know better than the doctor, and you intimate as much in the OP, yet your self-assessment was it may be one of two totally different things that present, in all ways, very differently. What on earth made you suspect either?

You wouldn't be the first person to make an outrageous wager to try to lend credence to himself. It's called a bluff.

Unfortunately, I only wager what I can afford to lose, and I can not afford 100k, despite the fact that it would be nice to see you give 200k to charity.

Put up or shut up.

Name the amount.

I only suggested that amount because of what I've already pledged,

10K is ok or what ever suits you.

The point is-

There is always some one on here that suggests the posts are lies, bull s##t etc etc

You can't even mention what car you drive in case they accuse you of posing.

Everything that's happened in my life, I have witnesses or proof of , except 1 event and I probably wouldn't believe it if some one told me.

I assumed I had GERD because I'd had it before.

It gives me a feeling of nausea and feeling of couler.

I mentioned kidney stones to him, because this too had a similar effect in the early stages.

As I was treated at the same hospital for these 2 problems I wanted confirmation from the Doc what it was.

I was surprised but later thankful he wanted to go the rear route first.

Maybe he was ripping of BUPA.

But I feel he made a bad judgement call and when I strongly questioned his decision he strenuously defend his decision.

Had I of been paying directly I might of sought a second opinion.

I hope he did.

considering the post's you have regaled us with about your 'friends' and their woe's even a kamikazi pilot would be called lucky compared to them.

I hope he did.

considering the post's you have regaled us with about your 'friends' and their woe's even a kamikazi pilot would be called lucky compared to them.

cheesy.gif

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The doctor likely suspected an intestinal blockage given your stomach symptoms. One of the causes for GERD: An unorthodox lifestyle.

BTW he has only said that he has 'pledged' 100K to charity -- he doesn't say that he has actually given it.

Good yoghurt will help GERD, you should get a yoghurt maker!!

Oz

• Like 1

How about this ?
Or name the amount.

Put up or shut up.

Name the amount.

I only suggested that amount because of what I've already pledged,

10K is ok or what ever suits you.

The point is-

There is always some one on here that suggests the posts are lies, bull s##t etc etc

You can't even mention what car you drive in case they accuse you of posing.

Everything that's happened in my life, I have witnesses or proof of , except 1 event and I probably wouldn't believe it if some one told me.

I assumed I had GERD because I'd had it before.

It gives me a feeling of nausea and feeling of couler.

I mentioned kidney stones to him, because this too had a similar effect in the early stages.

As I was treated at the same hospital for these 2 problems I wanted confirmation from the Doc what it was.

I was surprised but later thankful he wanted to go the rear route first.

Maybe he was ripping of BUPA.

But I feel he made a bad judgement call and when I strongly questioned his decision he strenuously defend his decision.

Had I of been paying directly I might of sought a second opinion.

I'm not going to put up nor shut up.

You can't stop valid criticism with money.

The trending feel of your posts in this thread is that you think you know about medical conditions, and a doctor was mistaken in his initial diagnosis. That by lucky chance he found something else is an aside.

1. After you've done several years in medical school, and a few years residency, you may understand that there's a lot more to the human body than kidney stones and acid reflux.

2. That a doctor did not agree with your layman's possible diagnoses, is "Thainess" to you.

The first is advice for your benefit, the second is an indictment on your character.

Edited by Seastallion

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Good yoghurt will help GERD, you should get a yoghurt maker!!

Oz

Just to point out, you don't need a yoghurt maker in Thailand, room temperature is perfect.

• Like 1