Trying to upgrade SUV - Frustrating

tczack

Wait for the next generation ford everest, based on present ford trucks.

Its designed and currently undergoing trials in australia. suppose to be of the same standard as toyota Prado but wider and bigger.

http://www.carsguide.com.au/car-news/2015-ford-everest-spy-shots-28666#.U61AdJSSy-l

It was revealed at the bangkok motorshow earlier this year. should be in the market later or early next year.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in the same predicament a couple of months back and having tried all sorts of vehicles opted for the Mazda CX5 Diesel. O.k. expensive at 1.67mthb (including first year tax and insurance, window film,rubber mats, weather cover and a 500thb fuel voucher)but a great vehicle; fast, economic and comfortable as it is car rather than pick-up based. The only real downside is the lack of choice of colour for the interior. As Henry Ford said all those years ago you can have any colour you want as long as it is black. Fuel consumption is excellent, I am averaging 6.3l per 100km and this is a consideration if, as rumoured diesel prices are to increase to around 40thb per litre.

I was in the same predicament a couple of months back and having tried all sorts of vehicles opted for the Mazda CX5 Diesel. O.k. expensive at 1.67mthb (including first year tax and insurance, window film,rubber mats, weather cover and a 500thb fuel voucher)but a great vehicle; fast, economic and comfortable as it is car rather than pick-up based. The only real downside is the lack of choice of colour for the interior. As Henry Ford said all those years ago you can have any colour you want as long as it is black. Fuel consumption is excellent, I am averaging 6.3l per 100km and this is a consideration if, as rumoured diesel prices are to increase to around 40thb per litre.

can you imagine what would happen overnight to the economy if diesel went to 40 baht?

Can you say 5-10% inflation. It won't happen.

Why they don't sell diesel to Commercial Users at a better price than Private users seems stupid.

Because every mom and pop vegetable hauler would scream bloody murder. wink.png After all, they are commercial too in our lovely 3rd world paradise.

can you imagine what would happen overnight to the economy if diesel went to 40 baht?

Actually, if you look at countries with high fuerel tax and prices they often have large increases in fuel costs which the economy absorbs. If they tried it overnight then you might get civil unrest, but it would only bring it to the level of gasoline which people already pay without complaining.

Everything we buy is delivered by road and the costs include the price of diesel...however fuel costs are only a percentage of the total cost of transportation so a 30% rise in th cost of diesel would be dissipated to a far lower increase by the time it had gone into the system.

Edited by wilcopops

Actually, if you look at countries with high fuerel tax and prices they often have large increases in fuel costs which the economy absorbs. If they tried it overnight then you might get civil unrest, but it would only bring it to the level of gasoline which people already pay without complaining.

Everything we buy is delivered by road and the costs include the price of diesel...however fuel costs are only a percentage of the total cost of transportation so a 30% rise in th cost of diesel would be dissipated to a far lower increase by the time it had gone into the system.

Except that TiT, and a big fuel increase would be used as an excuse to significantly raise prices of all goods delivered by road, regardless that shipping costs are only a small % of total costs...

So give a better price to Mom n Pop in their 2Door Green Plated 2 Door truck, and stop the Spivs Range Rover Mob in their Fortunas , poncing about without a load of Veggies. Sit outside any Public Office and streams of Trucks pour out with Miss Hello Kitty, barely visible wobling all over the place,when a Micras all they need.What they got to do with Goods Deliveries. Only Upset the Abusers as i see it.

What about the Chevy, one? it is American I wouldn't buy one but it looks big and nice on the outside?

Just buy a newer model Fortuner and select another color that should help mentally at least you got something different along with the new smell?

It has happened though... back in 2008 diesel was over 40 Baht/L in June/July, peaking at 44.xx Baht/L ;)

• Like 1

In 1987/88 it was 12Bht. So todays price isnt that hi. Why not a T/Blazer, ours isnt that bad.?Not that iuse it much.I prefer friends PJS but our Kids like the Looks n Blingy stuff.

So how does that work exactly? You just walk over to your friends place and say like can I use the Pajero because I like it better than my new Trailblazer (and don't ask me why I bought the Trailblazer) and here's the keys to my Trailblazer if you need to go out while I'm using your car? :)

Edited by OMGImInPattaya

In 1987/88 it was 12Bht. So todays price isnt that hi. Why not a T/Blazer, ours isnt that bad.?Not that iuse it much.I prefer friends PJS but our Kids like the Looks n Blingy stuff.

So how does that work exactly? You just walk over to your friends place and say like can I use the Pajero because I like it better than my new Trailblazer (and don't ask me why I bought the Trailblazer) and here's the keys to my Trailblazer if you need to go out while I'm using your car? smile.png

He doesn't get to drive any of his own cars, because as I understand it, he's busy all day at the car wash parking and driving other people's cars. tongue.pnglaugh.png

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Ford is made here, not a grey import

Thanks bkkjames,

I already had a Ford "Exploder" years ago in the US, and don't really want the hassles of a grey-market car in Thailand.

I just find it odd that there is such a gap in the middle of the SUV lineup.

I have Ford, very disappointing with service and repairs from their mechanics, using Ford Pattaya branch.

http://www.500xuv.com/home

Want me to drive one from India for you next time? How much does a land rover cost here in Thailand?

The base model the old 'Defender' starts at 3.2 million up to the top Range Rover at 13.3 million.

Makes a top model Range Rover 2010 at around 4 million look cheap.? or a 2004 for around 1 million !!

Here appears the good seller is the 'Evoque' starting at 3.6 million - 4.4 million, maybe worth buying a year old one as lost near 1 million. [ loads on the road and For Sale starting at 2.8 million for a late 2012 model !]

Edited by ignis

The Kia is far better than the Mitsu or Chevy, its really well done, but I hate auto boxes, which tend to spoil any car.

All the new Kia models are pretty nice but it's the same old sole importer with little to no dealer support problem for servicing and repairs (and that's in Bangkok).

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Ford is made here, not a grey import

Thanks bkkjames,

I already had a Ford "Exploder" years ago in the US, and don't really want the hassles of a grey-market car in Thailand.

I just find it odd that there is such a gap in the middle of the SUV lineup.

I have Ford, very disappointing with service and repairs from their mechanics, using Ford Pattaya branch.

Sorry about your experience with the Pattaya dealer. By the way, why did you visit my profile last night and lift my avatar? It doesn't belong to me, but that's not a very nice thing to do on a forum.

• Like 1

Hi, I have the Isuzu MU 7 and am thinking of upgrading to the new MUX soon.

The past 7 years have been amazing because maintaining the beast has been so easy and cheap, the space in the cabin is amazing.

Isuzu for new has been a really good experience and would definitely recommend to check out the new MUX.

The Kia is far better than the Mitsu or Chevy, its really well done, but I hate auto boxes, which tend to spoil any car.

All the new Kia models are pretty nice but it's the same old sole importer with little to no dealer support problem for servicing and repairs (and that's in Bangkok).

Yes, that is a problem. But even companies with loads of service centres often offer poor support, so for me I would still buy a car that is the one I enjoy most.

Yes, that is a problem. But even companies with loads of service centres often offer poor support, so for me I would still buy a car that is the one I enjoy most.

I'm not in the market for an SUV but Kia has dealers in Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Rayon, Chonburi, Nakon Rachisma (Korat), Songkla, UndonThani, Pitsanalouk. Etc.

If one lives near any of those places...buy what you like. There are hundreds of Ferraris in Thailand what kind of dealer support do they have?

Edited by VocalNeal

I'm not in the market for an SUV but Kia has dealers in Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Rayon, Chonburi, Nakon Rachisma (Korat), Songkla, UndonThani, Pitsanalouk. Etc.

If one lives near any of those places...buy what you like. There are hundreds of Ferraris in Thailand what kind of dealer support do they have?

Ferrari Dealer Support.....I thought Ferrari had a collection service for the 1st 7 years of its life in Thailand ? so would not be a problem where you live...

• Like 1

People in Thailand who can afford Ferraris, and Bentleys and the like, are rich enough to fly their rides back to Modena for their oil changes and other servicings. Are the Kia "dealers" full service dealership, with full maintenance, parts and repair facilities or just a shop front where they take orders for the Bangkok importer?

• Like 1

People in Thailand who can afford Ferraris, and Bentleys and the like, are rich enough to fly their rides back to Modena for their oil changes and other servicings. Are the Kia "dealers" full service dealership, with full maintenance, parts and repair facilities or just a shop front where they take orders for the Bangkok importer?

Kia in Chiang Mai has a large workshop attached - never seen anyone in there though.

Kia in Chiang Mai has a large workshop attached - never seen anyone in there though.

It's a little disconcerting when the official Kia Thailand website is basically a Facebook page; and that the Kia Sorrento looks suspiciously like a Chevy Capiva in drag.

Edited by OMGImInPattaya