My New CBR 300R .

charlie42

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For going fast in tight city traffic it not only needs a good rider it also needs a stupid rider. So maybe you were just a bit more stupid than the other rider that day wink.png

2 -3 lane carrage way just outside bangkok and there was two of them.

you took your time coming on here telling everyone whats what.

i feel hard done by...other riders post that they have broke the speed limit

and within minuites they are unindated with post telling them there badboys

it took you two days just to call me stupid. favratism ?

racism ?... why did it take you so long ?.

well, we can all sleep well in our beds tonight knowing you have sorted me out.

good man keep up the good work.biggrin.png

Still i believe, a cbr300r can smoke bigger bikes and i am totally sober!

It is fixed with my experience and nothing strange to be honest. I did it many times especially at city rides and clearly the riders of bigger bikes was not disinterested!

Again, it is about the rider.

Like the guy smoked me with a ninja 250 on the track many times!

what i was trying to say was, its not like me to post anything like that normaly.

it happened, so to all the politicly correct and non belivers, whatever !

i had just singed in to see a regular poster call my bike boring.

that's what set me off.

For going fast in tight city traffic it not only needs a good rider it also needs a stupid rider. So maybe you were just a bit more stupid than the other rider that day wink.png

Sorry, no respect from me for racing on public streets. But i wasnt calling you stupid in particular. How else should i call it? Cocky, wanton, irresponsible? Stupid sums it up pretty nicely.

If you want to compare your bike and your skills with others visit a race track. On public streets its always the clever rider who will slow down first.

Sorry, no respect from me for racing on public streets. But i wasnt calling you stupid in particular. How else should i call it? Cocky, wanton, irresponsible? Stupid sums it up pretty nicely.

If you want to compare your bike and your skills with others visit a race track. On public streets its always the clever rider who will slow down first.

your right of course, i was just making light of the constructive criticisum.

well said and point taken.

Charlie

One reason why i'm still holding onto the 250 while i await the launch of the 650F here is that it is more easy to commute, very nimble and is a whole lot of fun on the twisted canyons where i can enjoy the bike to its full potential compared to the big bikes where i have to only utilize 50% of the bike's capability and the extra weight makes it tiresome in the long run. I tour on the 250 all day long all over the country like my fellow 250 brothers who have clocked over 100,000 kms in the last 3 years of ownership.

The 650F will be my weekend bike. I also know of old timers who have gone through the 250>600>1000>1300 cycle and then finally settled back on the little 250s because it is a whole lot easier to get going, less heat on the leg and much easy to navigate through stop and go traffic while being plenty fast to keep up with highway speed limits aswell.

nice video! explains it clearly for the ones that never understands the virtues of a low cc bikebiggrin.png

but what a shi....tty track is this!

here is a reply to this clip, i could'nt say it better myself.

This video highlights the reason for owning a small displacement bike. Any idiot can twist the throttle and peg it on a straightaway. The real riding happens in the turns, and you can see how dependent the other riders are on their straightaway speed rather than handling their turns efficiently. Good riding mate

Charlie42... You need to calm down mate none, of the posts here were taking the piss out of you. Mania is one of the nicest and helpful posters around and even Wantan was referring to ll2's post about city riding. The only person ranting here is you. You need to do a little sweep around the floor and pick up all the toys you've thrown everywhere.

We get it, the CBR is a decent bike and you are very happy with it.

Charlie42... You need to calm down mate none, of the posts here were taking the piss out of you. Mania is one of the nicest and helpful posters around and even Wantan was referring to ll2's post about city riding. The only person ranting here is you. You need to do a little sweep around the floor and pick up all the toys you've thrown everywhere.

Im realy not sure what you meen.

my reply's to mania were civil, no outbursts or heckilling.

I have read many of his posts over the years and he seems like a nice guy, agreed.

he was as he says having some fun, and thats what i done with wantan.

I was not aware that its double standards here, ok for some to joke and not for others

these posters are grown men and seem quite able to answer for themself's.

im sure they dont need you to come to there rescue.

im calm, im not so sure you are right now.

if any other posters think i was out of line in my reply's please come forward ?

thanks for your comments

Charlie

i am sorry macknife but you are not objective again, and yeah why are you advocating others? sure they have mouth to speak.

check these two posts in a honda cbr300r forum!:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/737649-my-new-cbr-300r/?p=8382959

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/737649-my-new-cbr-300r/?p=8383000

How do you feel if people go to ninja 300 thread and assume things about you which in way not so appropriate and another calls kawasaki owners gay???

Nobody is ranting here. Charlie just shared his experience on how he passed a ducati monster but in return strange answers! like it is impossible!

and that is very normal and it is never about the cc of bikes and mostly about the riders as also stated with a track video here and sure we all know that!

So, just i believe you and some others are ranting here.

I believe Charlie is right. it became a common issue to come and derail honda threads and piss the owners. and again, we do not have any hierarchy here, everyone is equal and deserves equal respect.

i am sorry macknife but you are not objective again, and yeah why are you advocating others? sure they have mouth to speak.

How do you feel if people go to ninja 300 thread and assume things about you which in way not so appropriate and another calls kawasaki owners gay???

Nobody is ranting here. Charlie just shared his experience on how he passed a ducati monster but in return strange answers! like it is impossible!

and that is very normal and it is never about the cc of bikes and mostly about the riders as also stated with a track video here and sure we all know that!

I believe Charlie is right. it became a common issue to come and derail honda threads and piss the owners. and again, we do not have any hierarchy here, everyone is equal and deserves equal respect.

I do not agree with posters suggesting Honda owners are gay etc as they are just trolls etc I would buy a honda myself.

Yes Charlie passed a monster so what? It means nothing when debating a CBR300, the monster is a much faster bike and there is no debating that. When there was some gentle ribbing by other posters Charlie gets upset thinking he's being insulted when that is not the case. Granted he may have thought so but his responses were childish. He attacked wantan for no apparent reason at all.

I just feel he got upset over nothing.

I do not agree with posters suggesting Honda owners are gay etc as they are just trolls etc I would buy a honda myself.

Yes Charlie passed a monster so what? It means nothing when debating a CBR300, the monster is a much faster bike and there is no debating that. When there was some gentle ribbing by other posters Charlie gets upset thinking he's being insulted when that is not the case. Granted he may have thought so but his responses were childish. He attacked wantan for no apparent reason at all.

I just feel he got upset over nothing.

here we go again.

(Yes Charlie passed a monster so what? It means nothing when debating a CBR300, the monster is a much faster bike and there is no debating that.)

i passed a monster so what, I was replying to a poster calling my bike boring... as alread stated, not my style to have outbursts like this.......i was hammered !

If you bothered to read my first reply to mania ,you would see, i never clamed my bike was faster not even near.

mania, who you jumped to his defence, made out that im a spoofer or some kind of walter mitty charictor.

im sure you would have one of your outbursts if a stranger said it to you.....

but i did not.......i just said thanks for that......

as for wantan, it was as you call it gentle ribbing,

no other posters have come forward to say i was out of order

and we all know this is the fourm to be put in your place.

i did not get upset with mania.

or anyone else, no even you.

Charlie

Who has owned a cbr 250 and has moved to the cbr 300?

Id like to hear real world experience. I don't think there are many 250 owners who have weighed the cost to upgrade ratio to be feasible.

I've never owned the 250 but I have ridden one before. While you do feel the difference in power with the 300, I don't think it's a big enough difference that any current 250 owners would consider upgrading to the 300.

No but the 300 will attract those people who were swayed to the Ninja 300 due to the lack of dual headlights in the older 250R who are usually kids starting out on one or people that want a big bike look that is more CBR and less VFR. Personally i am moving from the 250 to the newly launched 650F.
The 17% increase in performance is noticeable in lower to med rpm. The 300 pulls effortlessly with better low end torque now and easily hits a 160kmph without even fully tucking in compared the older bike that would do a 145 before you tucked in. It also accelerates to about 100kmph at just over 7 seconds compared to the 8.5 on the older bike.

low end power i am sure noticeable on cbr300 after 250, same as top end.

keep on mind. 300 possesses 20 percent more power than cbr250.

but not very meaningful to jump from 250 to 300 unless your 250 broke down is also hard for honda or if you total your 250 in an accident.

Who has owned a cbr 250 and has moved to the cbr 300?

Id like to hear real world experience. I don't think there are many 250 owners who have weighed the cost to upgrade ratio to be feasible.

Ah, Ridercnx808 i see you have decieded to grace this tread

with your presance again. Ummm ?

I have to say im a little surprised to see you here after your

last comment but let bygones be bygones.

you may be right in what you say or maybe not.

For example, in the west not many would go from 250 to 300

including myself, wether it be honda or anyother bike for that matter

it is looked upon as a stepping stone there.

unless its a commuter who is happy to keep this size bike.

In thailand its not exactly the same.

for many in los the 250 let alone 300 is way outside their

price range and also seen as a big bike.

so, for a thai who would like to upgrade this would be

the best choise, being that its not a lot more expencive.

Sure, if the had the money they would go bigger, who would'nt

I would not have bought the 650f even if i knew it was out, which i did'nt

305,000 baht would have been to expencive for a toy

but, since getting back on the bikes (CBR 300R) i must say now i would.

so the answer to your question is some would some would'nt.

Charlie

No but the 300 will attract those people who were swayed to the Ninja 300 due to the lack of dual headlights in the older 250R who are usually kids starting out on one or people that want a big bike look that is more CBR and less VFR. Personally i am moving from the 250 to the newly launched 650F.

The 17% increase in performance is noticeable in lower to med rpm. The 300 pulls effortlessly with better low end torque now and easily hits a 160kmph without even fully tucking in compared the older bike that would do a 145 before you tucked in. It also accelerates to about 100kmph at just over 7 seconds compared to the 8.5 on the older bike.

Is this from hands on experience?

• 2 weeks later...

I personally have no use whats-so-ever for a sport bike right now here in Thailand... reason I went with the CRF250M... I will flog anyone on a equal size engine sport bike in the tight mountain twists (ok, that is a bit arrogant sounding) .... and then I will fly down the dirt roads and take it up over the mountains on the dirt trails... can't do that on a CBR or a Ninja...55555

That being said, IF, I were to get a sport bike (and I genuinely love sport bikes over all other models) I might opt for the twin cylinder Ninja. I do think Kawi put together a good bike in the 300N.

THAT being said, anything under 500cc for sport touring is going to be a hard ride IMO.

Edited by Nowisee

I might opt for the twin cylinder Ninja. I do think Kawi put together a good bike in the 300N.

Agree. The high RPM twin cylinder 296cc engine is good fun, and a good replacement for the 250. For some reason I found it a bit embarrassing to see Honda's retaliation (boosting their 250 single up to 286cc, then also calling it a '300')

THAT being said, anything under 500cc for sport touring is going to be a hard ride IMO.

Agree again. The 471cc (saai.gif) Hondas just about do okay.

anything under 500cc for sport touring is going to be a hard ride IMO.

I'm ignorant...I don't even know definition of "sport touring."

I do ride all over Thailand & Cambodia on my old CBR150 though.

No too hard really.

Hi guys, (my first post)

I had the cbr250 for about 3 years, then I bought the 300 and love it. It has more midrange power for quicker city riding and less shifting. Top speed is about 163 km/h but gets there faster than the cbr250. Bike is very light and great but only in dry weather. The tires are horrible in the wet. On the highway I was spinning tires by simply riding on wet patches of the road. It hasn't even started to rain yet. When I rode through puddles of standing water I almost fell off. I recommend changing them asap.

If you want to see a video of the bike riding around Bkk have a look at my video here:

I just went to Chiang Mai on it and will have some more vids there as well. Editing is a slow process when you're just learning smile.png

post-147821-0-97911400-1412726856_thumb.