Unofficial Tv Phuket Pissup

britmaveric

This time of year you should be ok on getting a decent room for not too much money, i doubt you will need to book ahead but if you prefer to be safe then book.

Patong has lots of small guest houses kicking around, i imagine you will be looking at 500b a night for a good clean room, showers, Tv etc.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Skydancer, booking over the internet might save you a few Baht, but probably negligible as its the low season and you should be able to get a decent walk-in rate.

Quite a few budget hotels in Patong here:

http://phuket.sawadee.com/hotels/patong.htm

or if you want to stay at a guesthouse, a few listed here:

http://www.phuket.net/directory/bungalows-...ouses/index.htm

-------------

Can I put myself down as a maybe for the piss-up?

:o

Thanks for everyone's help in recommending places to spend the night. I will check out the web sites recommended and make some notes but I think we will have an adventure and wait until the evening of 4 July to find a room. I was hoping for something 800 baht or less and it looks like reasonable places can be found for that amount. Since we don't know our way around Phuket, perhaps the TV members we meet can point us in the right direction.

See you all Tuesday evening.

Skydancer

Skydancer, booking over the internet might save you a few Baht, but probably negligible as its the low season and you should be able to get a decent walk-in rate.

Quite a few budget hotels in Patong here:

http://phuket.sawadee.com/hotels/patong.htm

or if you want to stay at a guesthouse, a few listed here:

http://www.phuket.net/directory/bungalows-...ouses/index.htm

-------------

Can I put myself down as a maybe for the piss-up?

:o

Fan-room: 200 Baht, AC-room 400 Baht, not far from the beach. me found a nice small bungalow resort, just 10 huts, 600 Baht a day and has AC.... I will check that out, but definitely no need to book in advance in early July..... though at this moment I still dont have a confirmation from the company-people I am supposed to meet there next week.... and its friday already :-/

received the email from that company right now..... they can NOT meet me there next wednesday as planned...... byebye Phuket, byebye PissUp :o no escape from polluted Bangkok :-/

Come anyways - sounds like you need a break mate!! :D

you r right, and believe it or not, I am thinking about that...... after my home country made it to the WC-semifinals in a very close game, my nerves are even more down and deserve a recreation....

the company I work for has now decided to have a quick "get togther" on the same evening.... typical

so can I get a mobile number of someone in the "pissup brigade" :o so I can catch up with the group later in the evening as I will not be able to make joe's

ta much

danny

received the email from that company right now..... they can NOT meet me there next wednesday as planned...... byebye Phuket, byebye PissUp :o no escape from polluted Bangkok :-/

Come anyways - sounds like you need a break mate!! :D

you r right, and believe it or not, I am thinking about that...... after my home country made it to the WC-semifinals in a very close game, my nerves are even more down and deserve a recreation....

Does that mean you're on the official list? BritM's in the air right now - so just caretaking til he lands on sunny Phuket!!! :D

I am sorry I couldn't make it, another obstacle appeared: tomorrow my car will be collected by the guys from the repair-garage.....

anyway, wish u have fun..... maybe easier for me to go to the PTY piss-up in mid-July, as the repair-garage is in PTY anyway.... but Phuket would have been so nice :-/

Edited by AsiaWolfie

Wellllllllll

To all the folks I met last night. I had a GREAT time!

to those that left early (I got home before 2am) you missed dancing ... (no we didn't go to a disco) and shots ... and ... wheeeeee

it was great to finally put a face to all of these names! you blokes were good fun. nice to talk to some 'normal' people.

smartecosse, i missed you by 'that much' i think.

being the only sucker who had to go to work today meant i had to leave before my coach turned into a pumpkin.

:D Well ladies and lads - the unofficial pissup well was a mighty success. I was a bit gutted we didn't get more members there, but a nice tight knit group sometimes is much better than 50 odd.

Arrived at Joe's around 5:30 PM - first to the party and infact I was the only one there apart from staff. :D Few minutes after 6pm jdinasia pops in and well we both watch the sunset go down. :D Good choice Khall - you missed the bloody sunset!!!!! :D

Everyone started pouring in around half 7PM, we had Khall, Donna, SkyDancer + hubby, Michelle (kept passing you off as an aussie all night, actually a kiwi), Jdinasia, Firefan, and Britmaveric. Finally Smartcrosse and company catches up with us for the Katoey bar. :D

Started out Joes then moved on to Patong (scruffy Irish) then a katoey bar :D then to Blue Beer bar (frog owned) watch the footie match. To be honest didnt know the result until it ended. :D

Khall and I were the last to leave, so guess we deserve a STAR!!!!! Another 5am go to bed night - phuket members do know how to tie it on.

Interesting moment: Dancing on stage w/Khall and Michelle and two katoeys, plus a few twirls around the pole, Sambuca made us do it honestly???? :D Yes - Sunbelt Asia Footie Fans - Firefan did get on the pole himself actually 2katoeys and him alone. :o

Impressions:

Khall - a complete darling, very deep and thats what makes you special. :D

Donna - lovely lady and sorry I couldnt twist your arm for a few more hrs.

Michelle - brilliant kiwi, yes I finally remember. Great meeting you, now sign up on the forum. (blackmail photos)

Jdinasia - smart/intelligent overall really interesting lad, and fun. (not a troll in the slightest in case any of his fans on TV are wondering)

Firefan - life of a party and complete nutter. Good fun and hope he makes Pattaya on 15th July.

Skydancer + hubby - didnt get a chance to chat with them much, but seemed very nice couple.

Smartcrosse - lad doesnt drink and he comes to a pissup at a katoey bar??? Friendly scottish lad and good sport for catching up with us so late.

Anyways cheers to those who attended and I'll catchup with others we didnt meet on another pissup. Overall top night out!!!!

Donna - lovely lady and sorry I couldnt twist your arm for a few more hrs.

So am I.

And, folks, Ive seen the pics! Very damning!

Firefan, I think you LOVED that katoeys boobies being flashed in your face! :o

Never seen more round boobs in my life! And I think you could have rested your beer on them in between sips!

Hi Everyone,

Fantastic to meet you all and thanks for letting me join in your fun.

Just to clear something up, I did not get up and poll dance

wasn't that drunk, close but not close enough but not thru lack of trying. :D

There is always another time I'm sure.

Yes I do have photo's so if any of you want copies just emil me, no negatives will not be given out : : :o

Shell

Do ya need my gmail again? :o

Great Night ... great meeting everyone! and I got a midnight sms or 2 the night afetr ... (did anyone else?)

and Brit ... I AM a troll !!! Really I am!

again a Brilliant night and thanks to Brit for doing the organizing (online at least)

Sorry to all for the no show. Stuck in Chiang Rai a bit longer than expected. Sounds

like I missed a good one but am having a ball up here anyway. Hope to catch up for one in the future.

Take Care All

Sorry I don't arrive in Phuket until the 15th :o By the sound of it I will be stumbling over many of you soon enough.

What's with all you people having to go to work?? I think you missed the point of heading to an island paradise.

:D Many of us don't "GO" to an island paradise ..... :D

We LIVE on an island paradise :D