Cricket International Series & General Chat

27 for 2 at lunch, then 91 for 4: England were in trouble.

Then the Root and Stokes show began.

162 for 4 at tea; Root 60, Stokes 38.

Honours even, perhaps, for the afternoon. If Root and Stokes can carry on in this way after tea then it will be England's day.

I concur.

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Regarding the last two Australia v India T50 games

Both Matches India has batted first and scored over 300 (308 & 309)

Both matches Australia has chased down the totals, creating ground run chase records

It is the ease with which Australia has chased down the run targets which is eye opening.

If Australia had batted first, I would not have bet against India chasing down 300+ either

Sean Marsh was dropped a few times before being out on 71

England looking set to take control of this fascinating third test after the media had them dead and buried at 91/4.......

How nice to see a match on a good deck which still has enough in it to keep the bowlers keen unlike those hideous tracks the ACB and ICCB are doctoring for 'Machine Gun' Smith, Voges, Khawaja, Kohli, Dhawan and Warner to play their T20 shots on.

I'm concerned that these tracks aren't going to improve the dreadful techniques of most of these batsmen, who will get flayed by the moving ball Thankfully SACB have produced reasonable tracks thus far.

The future is bright for SA cricket. When this attack of human pantechnicons get more experience they will be formidable especially when Philander and Steyn return.

Last 2 qualifying games of big bash today,1st at 2pm.

Edit,1 more think strickers play renegades

Behrendorff late scratching is a huge blow for the Scorchers.

Add in Paris and Coulter-Nile and that's a handy attack.

Throw in the Marsh boys and that's a fair few out.

Having said that, the Stars have a few out with Maxwell, Hastings,

Faulkner and Boland as well.

The Stars have to win by 38 runs or chase down the target by 16 overs.

Do you reckon Australian Cricket had got the timing of the Big Bash (T20) domestic series right?

Would it be better to schedule the games so they can maximise participation of the big names Australians?

They are getting great crowds, seems perfect to really cement in the support

Do you reckon Australian Cricket had got the timing of the Big Bash (T20) domestic series right?

Would it be better to schedule the games so they can maximise participation of the big names Australians?

They are getting great crowds, seems perfect to really cement in the support

I think so.

It's a massive disadvantage to lose 3 or 4 players when some sides might not even lose one.

In my previous post, the Stars need to beat the Scorchers by those amounts to move to second.

The 3rd England v South Africa test has swung back and forth, and when England were dismissed this morning for 323, just 10 runs ahead, the game looked finely balanced and could go either way.

Then enter Stuart Broad.

4 wickets for 1 run in 23 balls; including the big guns of Amla (5) and de Villiers (0) to reduce South Africa to 31 for 4.

While I was typing that, Broad has struck again; Bavuma for 0. He's now taken 5 for 1 in 30 balls.

South Africa now 35 for 5, just 25 ahead.

Unless the weather intervenes or there are some massive heroics from South Africa's lower order, this could all be over today.

Finn and Stokes joining the party with a wicket each.

I bet when Rabada walked off at the end of England's first innings this morning, having taken his first test fivefor, he thought he'd be sat with his feet up for the rest of the day. Yet here he is batting before tea!

67 for 7.

But heavy cloud cover means the floodlights are on; seems bad light is South Africa's best chance of taking this test into the fourth day.

Edit:

Stokes just got Rabada, c Bairstow for 16.

67 for 8.

Edited by 7by7

SA all out for 83 ,and Extras where not ,one of the top run makers, very tight bowling and fielding by England .

England 9-0, that is about 9.5% of the run rate .

37/0

Just a matter of time,shame it clashes with the West Ham game,would have liked to see the end.

All good today spurs spank sunderland. Exeter winning at orient 3-1 & England win a series away!!!!!! Even west ham are losing :P

Hapi days...

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Ram it,the football forum is over yonder,don't lower you tone there is 25 minutes to go. Edited by stoneyboy

Some mixed results in the Big Bash,Thunder batted like jets but there bowling is still vunerable.

Melbourne Stars after a shocker against the Heat go west and gave the Scorchers a touch up to pinch a home final.

Shocking decision by the Scorchers to win the toss and bat.

Everyone knows we're a stronger bowling side and generally find it easier to restrict sides than to chase.

I've always thought Voges was a selfish cricketer. For him to take a single of the first ball of the 19th over

and leave Dixon (on debut), who is a bunny was inexcusable IMO. It had to be a 2, 4 or 6 scenerio and

there was never a 2 there. He didn't even try and hit one out of the ground.

For him to come in in the first over, he either had to get us home or get out trying to. Not a safe 40 odd.

He's the captain and comming of a good series and is in good nick. Left too much of the strike to 9, 10 and 11.

Not that he should take all of the blame as we should've at least chased down 109facepalm.gif

As much as it pains me to say it, I think England are the best side in the world at the minute.

They have most bases covered. Two great fast bowlers, a really good all-rounder who could become

great and Root and Cook.

Not a great side I don't think, but a bloody good one.

ICC rankings for Tests ICC Test Championship

7 January 2016

Team Matches Points Rating

South Africa

India

Australia

Pakistan

England

New Zealand

Sri Lanka

West Indies

Bangladesh

Zimbabwe

Edited by Will27

Broad again showing he is by a mile the best bowler in the world today.....but I'm sure the Aussies will tell us 'The Rug' is better......coffee1.gif

His spell yesterday reminded me of Courtney Walsh in his pomp.

Looks like Finn will miss the last test so one hopes the selectors will give Footitt a run out.

India 265/6 after the 50 overs yet again they've set another decent target.

They were 6/295 after 50 overs

Yes indeed they were that was a typo.

Australia chase down anotehr 300 run total.

That is:

in the past week.

India must have thought they had all those games in the bag posting 300