Entry to LAOS

Can anyone confirm the cost in THB and US$ for an entry visa at the Nong Khai border for LAOS?

Also can anyone confirm if, at the Thai side on the way back from Vientiane the Thai Immigration are asking for a show of cash? and if so how much for

a non immigrant single entry O visa has to be shown?

Thanks in advance.

Thank you kindly Ubon Joe,

for UK national crossing to Laos. Reason I am asking is usually 1500 THB but I have heard it works out few hundred Bahts cheaper if you pay in US$ of which there is an exchange both right in front of the place where you get the visa.

The cost for the Lao VOA varies by which country you are from. For most it is 1500 baht or $35.

I have seen no reports of cash being asked for on entry at Nong Kai..

Cameback last thurs from Vientiane to nong khai with a non imm. O .... was not asked to show or prove funds. Is my 2nd non imm o, was not asked last time either

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

If you are paying in USD, be sure to give the correct amount -- in other words, take small bills. I gave $40 and expected to receive my change in kip when I collected my passport a few minutes later, but got nothing but a curious stare which I interpreted to mean my $5 was being kept as a "service charge". I came to learn from others traveling in Lao that this, apparently, happens all the time.