Depo Provera Samui

Hiya,

So read another post easy any local pharmacy for an easy contraceptive injection..

Hmm maybe I'm not going to the right places been to four and none of them had this..

Please don't tell me I have to go to an extortionate hospital?

On another much smaller island there was just a walk in health clinic easy peasy 200 baht- how can such a developed island be so much harder?

Hope it's just me!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

So I would think that you need a clinic rather than a pharmacy. (I am sure that pharmacists do not give injections. I think that it has to be a nurse.)

There are two clinics that I know of in Bangrak.

The one on the ghost road. About half way down - on the left is a turning with a green sign (in Thai). The road is just before the bakery on the left and the church on the right. Coming from Bangrak that is.

The second is on the road to Bophut -just past Replay after the bend by Orgasmic. It is on the left. If you get to My Friend restaurant - too far.

Both clinics are Thai so you will probably need language skills.

Another idea would be to talk to the pharmacist in Joy Pharmacy in Plai Laem. Just after Big Buddha coming from Bangrak - on the right immediately after the bend.

Joy is very helpful - speaks perfect English. If a pharmacist can do it - she will, if not, she will direct you to the best/nearest alternative.

• Like 1

The second is on the road to Bophut -just past Replay after the bend by Orgasmic. It is on the left. If you get to My Friend restaurant - too far.

That's the government health center, I take my son there for his jabs.

Not sure they will service tourists.

Thank u :) we've walked past the big Buddah recently so pretty sure remember seeing the pharmacy u mean.

Yer I'm not sure what health clinic it was before but don't think it was private :/

Hey went to see this doc ended up being 1,050 baht .. 5 times the other island with the health clinic where I only paid 200baht for the Deppo itself :(

But glad it's all sorted :)

Thanks for the help!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Really don't understand why you were charged 1,050 Baht at Samui Inter with the above doctor. I have always paid 650 baht. The one time I happened to see the other female doctor that was on duty, she tried to charge an extra 100 baht for her fee (so 750 total) but I refused to pay at the counter and told them to get me the doctor. I had asked to see Dr Churairat and been given the other lady. After about 5 mins of the 2 girls behind the counter staring at each other, they just issued me a new bill for 650. I can only think that you were charged as a non-resident. When I once saw the the physio there they actually showed me their book of pricing and it was broken down into 3 categories :- Thai, non Thai Resident and non Resident.

The actual charge for the Depo is either 150 or 200 baht, the rest of the 650 is made up of the Doctors fee, the hospital fee and the nursing fee.

• Like 1