Skippy - R.I.P.

Skippy first came to Samui over 20 years ago. He was a bit of a crazy guy... talked 50 to the dozen... and had loads of stories to tell. Skippy and his girlfriend took over 'Mama Moon' restaurant (Mimosa Soi) in Maenam some time ago, and could knock together a mean pizza! You could never ignore Skippy... love him or hate him, he could never be ignored, and was one of those 'life and soul of the party' types.

Skippy was killed in a head-on crash with a mini-bus a couple of nights ago. He was riding his bike on the 'wrong' side of the road, and apparently there was nothing the mini-bus could do to avoid the collision. Skippy had only recently returned from a trip 'back home' to Germany, so whether he was still in 'driving on the right' mode we will never know.

A sad way to go. You will be missed by those that knew you Skippy, you crazy guy... R.I.P.

• Like 1

Skippy first came to Samui over 20 years ago. He was a bit of a crazy guy... talked 50 to the dozen... and had loads of stories to tell. Skippy and his girlfriend took over 'Mama Moon' restaurant (Mimosa Soi) in Maenam some time ago, and could knock together a mean pizza! You could never ignore Skippy... love him or hate him, he could never be ignored, and was one of those 'life and soul of the party' types.

Skippy was killed in a head-on crash with a mini-bus a couple of nights ago. He was riding his bike on the 'wrong' side of the road, and apparently there was nothing the mini-bus could do to avoid the collision. Skippy had only recently returned from a trip 'back home' to Germany, so whether he was still in 'driving on the right' mode we will never know.

A sad way to go. You will be missed by those that knew you Skippy, you crazy guy... R.I.P.

I was told he was from England Guernsey

Now I am confused

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

I don't know what happened I got the news from someone in guernsey over the phone that a guernsey man had died called skippy

Then I see the death of an english man with a different name

Who knows maybe someone in gurnsey knew him

RIP both victims. Keep my seat warm for when I come to the other side )

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

• 1 month later...

I used to live next to skippy in guernsey up until he left for ireland. My husband and i really liked him and we met his son kieran as well he had a hard time when he left guernsey difficult circumstances which wr helped him with. So shocked to hear about his accident its been upsetting hearing about this we often talked about him he was always in our thoughts so sad. We would like to know what happened to his body is he buried in the island would like to know a little more about him since we last saw him he left us in 2002

I used to live next to skippy in guernsey up until he left for ireland. My husband and i really liked him and we met his son kieran as well he had a hard time when he left guernsey difficult circumstances which wr helped him with. So shocked to hear about his accident its been upsetting hearing about this we often talked about him he was always in our thoughts so sad. We would like to know what happened to his body is he buried in the island would like to know a little more about him since we last saw him he left us in 2002

I'm not sure if Skippy had a son, or if he lived in Guernsey... I know he did do a lot of traveling though, and had friends in many countries. I just hope the poster isn't getting confused with the other tragic death of the Guernsey chap that was posted shortly after my original post. For information: Skippy was cremated at the Laem Hoy temple in Bantai, in traditional Thai fashion. The driver of the minibus that hit Skippy (Skippy was on the 'wrong' side of the road remember) was devastated by the accident, and he - along with many members of his family - came to the temple to pay their respects and help with the cost of his funeral... and even made food for those present. A tragic accident indeed. He was a real character, and is sorely missed. I hope this helps the poster in some way.

My huband a i are from guernsey my husband hadï lived there for 37 years skippy was our neighbour in st sampsons great guy but i am interested who from guernsey knew we may already know him and since i have heard this sad news there are some people in guernsey we have to inform we are still in shock not sure if people were aware but he is from wanneroo in oz his house had the same name poor skips such a sad loss