UN warns El Nino likely by end of year

webfact

UN warns El Nino likely by end of year

GENEVA - The "El Nino" phenomenon, which sparks climate extremes around the globe, is likely to occur in the Pacific Ocean by the end of the year, the UN weather agency said on Thursday.

There was a 60 per cent likelihood of El Nino taking place by August and 80 per cent that it would take place between October and December, the World Meterological Organization said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/UN-warns-El-Nino-likely-by-end-of-year-30237175.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-06-26

The UN can't find their own ar$e so how are they going to predict the weather ?? <alt=blink.png>

The UN is not my weather forecaster. <alt=giggle.gif>

It seems there's always going to be some that prefer to shoot the messenger.

As Hobiecat has pointed out, it's not their advice, that's being passed on. But it is governments' role to act on those predictions - something that most fail to do.

Edited by AverageAussie
  • Like 1

The UN can't find their own ar$e so how are they going to predict the weather ?? <alt=blink.png>

The UN is not my weather forecaster. <alt=giggle.gif>

It seems there's always going to be some that prefer to shoot the messenger.

As Hobiecat has pointed out, it's not their advice, that's being passed on. But it is governments' role to act on those predictions - something that most fail to do.

it seems you didn't realise I posted a tongue in cheek variation of an infamous remark made by Mr. T about the UN

• Like 2