Verify Retirement Documents For Visa.

RioMist

I need to have my documents verified for my retirement visa soon. As I from the UK I need to send all my documents to Bangkok for verification. I did hear however that I can get my docunments verified by another of the local consulates. I did hear that the German Consul was doing it until he retired. Is this true and which consulate can I approach?

Thanks for any info and if this topic has already been covered I do apologise..

Martin can no longer provide verification letters, only the British Embassy in Bangkok. A UK friend of mine did indeed get a letter from the local Honorary German Consul a couple of months ago, which was accepted by Phuket Immigration for his extension.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I half expected that the British Hon Consul would not have approval power for simple verification of documents. Sad state of affairs that the German Hon Consul does have these powers.

I remember that the verification by the German consul for UK papers is officially not valid. Whish I knew where, probably on TV somewhere.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the Irish Consul in Phuket verify my documents and this was accepted by immigration with no problems. If you dont want to send all your documents to Bangkok and want them done locally I suggest you go to see the helpful staff at the Irish consulate. Cheaper too!

• Like 1