Russian Rented Motorbike Rampage in South Pattaya

webfact

Russian Rented Motorbike Rampage in South Pattaya

russian-2.jpg

PATTAYA: -- On Thursday Morning a 20 year old Russian was involved in a serious road crash in South Pattaya which resulted in a Thai Man sustaining a suspected broken leg and a total of 10 vehicles sustaining damage.

The Russian had just rented a Kawasaki Ninja Motorbike and was with friends at the time. He decided to demonstrate his biking skills to his friends and sped up Soi Yamato off Pattaya Beach Road at a high rate of speed. It is thought his bike hit a pothole which caused the driver to accidentally accelerate to top speed for an instant.

The Russian lost control of the bike which slammed into 9 parked motorbikes and a parked pick-up truck. A pedestrian, Khun Wiroj aged 44 was struck by the bike and he suffered a suspected broken leg.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/133086/russian-rented-motorbike-rampage-in-south-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-06-27

• Like 1

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"He decided to demonstrate his biking skills to his friends"

The guy is a pro and I bet his mates are still pissing themselves laughing.

They need to make it law that you can't hire a bike unless you have a motorcycle licence.

license doesnt prevent stupid

Yes very true.

My comment about the licence is more to protect the innocent and not the idiots. It appears that this machine was way to powerful for him and if he had a licence he would have had some training/experience and he would have been able to handle such a beast. If companies required customers to be licenced then the innocent pedestrian in this story may not have been injured.

Let the idiots kill themselves but make a licence compulsory to protect the innocent victims

• Like 2

Doesn't say if he had been drinking and although it was morning time, I've seen the Russians drinking at breakfast down there in Pattaya. Regardless of the presence of alcohol or not, 20 years old, probably no big bike experience either and IMO, a disaster waiting to happen. I agree with Chooka, make it law, no licence, no rental. Chances are, no bike licence, no bike experience! And looking at the Pattaya One pics, that was a 650, a lot to handle with no experience ... I know, I had one.

• Like 1

They need to make it law that you can't hire a bike unless you have a motorcycle licence.

And you know he did not?

Its seems to me that the municipality is to be partly blamed for the wide spread disrepair of the roads which result in accidents from people hitting potholes and this idiot is to blame for being just plain stupid. At least he seems remorseful which is probably more than the municipality.

• Like 1

At least he is not smilling like a cheshire cat as a Thai would do in his situation.

I blame the fairground atmosphere of Pattaya, it gives these tourists the wrong impression that they are welcome to try and do anything without repercussions, unfortunatly for him he will loose his holiday money and will probably be on the phone to his dad to send more cash to get him out of the can.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Or fix up the roads , so there are no pot holes in the city center?

Na, I vote for more pot holes and less Russians......

Less Russians? so they are much worse then other countries for riding bikes in Pattaya?

Glad to see the media identifying the offender's by nationality and not the offensive broad brush farang.

...or that ghastly "ALIEN" word.

Where on earth did Thais get this from? I can only guess.

Potholes are killing. Local administration is responsible for that.

Yes very true.

My comment about the licence is more to protect the innocent and not the idiots. It appears that this machine was way to powerful for him and if he had a licence he would have had some training/experience and he would have been able to handle such a beast. If companies required customers to be licenced then the innocent pedestrian in this story may not have been injured.

Let the idiots kill themselves but make a licence compulsory to protect the innocent victims

Fully agree with you and it does work in many countries, however lets not forget in Thailand you can get a motorcycle licence in less than a day, even as a tourist. Arrive Monday, licence Tuesday, dead on Wednesday...

• Like 1

Yes very true.