Arrest Warrant Issued for Pattaya Mother accused of abducting her Children

webfact

Arrest Warrant Issued for Pattaya Mother accused of abducting her Children

kids-1.jpg

PATTAYA: -- On Friday afternoon, the Father of two children, who are currently missing in Thailand, confirmed that an arrest warrant has been issued for their Mother.

Following extensive foreign media coverage of the alleged abduction of two children, both British Nationals, by their Thai Mother, we met with their Father on Thursday who updated us on the current developments.

Mr. Robert Day aged 38 from Kent in England married Khun Onwalat in 2003 and the pair had two children together who are now aged 6 and 10. Both are British Nationals and following a Divorce, Mr. Day was given full custody of the children who were taken back to England.

Mr. Day, who works in the construction industry, revealed how his ex-wife remarried with a Norwegian Man and the pair have one child together. Every year Mr. Day returns to Thailand so Khun Onwalat can see her children. This year they arrived on 26th May and an arrangement to take the two children for a period of a week was made and Khun Onwalat reportedly agreed to return the children to Mr. Day by 1st June.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/133100/arrest-warrant-issued-for-pattaya-mother-accused-of-abducting-her-children/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-06-27

hope you get them back soon, best of luck.

If her new Norwegian husband is a member on here and is reading this article, stop aiding and abetting her and arrange for the kids to be returned, if you don't then I hope you are charged, sentenced and lose contact with your child whilst in prison.

Shoot or sit on the messenger and play what if game............... or should that be with whatever.thumbsup.gif

maybe the kids prefer being with their mother, but who cares about what the kids want?

Yeah, and maybe they don't.

Have a think why a Thai court might award custody to a farang husband. A husband who facilitates regular contact and returns regularly so she can see them and doesn't loose contact.

Now she suddenly wants them or whatever.

The law is the law. The mother has broken it. Now she is a fugitive with a warrant for her arrest.

Just hope she has a pang of conscience and returns the children; and hope her current husband also follows the law.

• Like 2

maybe the kids prefer being with their mother, but who cares about what the kids want?

The youngest would not know her mother other than talking to her on Skype, there are other things that should be taken into consideration like their ongoing education.

Wonder if the Norwegian Embassy is assisting to locate their citizen the new husband?

I googled a bit and found this from the UK government re child abduction:

Child Abduction
-
Thailand
Parental Child Abduction
In Thailand parental child abduction is not a criminal offence. It is
considered to be a dispute between the parents and a civil matter to be
settled by a court of law.
Thailand has signed the 1980 Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of
Child Abduction but the UK has not yet been able to enter into treaty
relations with Thailand. This mean the Convention does not operate between
the UK and Thailand

hope he gets his kids back, but does thailand even recognize child abduction by a parent that is thai ?

I believe so as he was awarded full custody in a Thai court. They live in England, English/british citizens. I assume he also registered the custody gained in Thailand with the British Courts. Would be a fool if he didn't. Having Interpol involved I would say he did.

hope you get them back soon, best of luck.

If her new Norwegian husband is a member on here and is reading this article, stop aiding and abetting her and arrange for the kids to be returned, if you don't then I hope you are charged, sentenced and lose contact with your child whilst in prison.

+ 1

Find the Norwegian, with the Norwegian you find the mother, with the mother you find the kids

Maybe it's not that easy, my fellow Norwegian countryman might not even know about what is going on. Maybe his wife never told him and the kids are hiding somewhere with their extended thai family. But if they live in Thailand I would try to contact the Norwegian embassy in Bangkok .

Sent from my SM-P601 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app