Best 600K SUV Mu7, Fortuner, Pajero sport?

Anyone have any first hand feedback about which automatic transmission SUV to buy for around 600K Mu7, Fortuner, Pajero sport and probably newer than 2010?

Any options that are a must haves or any specific models to look for? Like a gasoline or diesel engine, a certain engine size etc

Any things to look out for and to make sure not to get?

Thanks

For sure PJS is the best used one in that price range. It has the newest technology platform, as the MU7, Fortuner, Everest are old old platforms soon to be replaced next year. Actually, the MU7 has been replaced by the MUX. Your challenge will be getting a low mileage one owner if possible.

The Fortuner and PJS are the pick of the older PPV crop. I have both and neither had any major problems. They are both based on similar age pickups but are holding their age OK. The PJS interior is a little nicer and the Fortuners tend to be more expensive used.

Diesels are better unless LPG is preferred. The petrol versions are gutless and suck fuel. The PJS 3.2L was OK but the 2.5L had less power until the 178hp 2011 variable turbo version. A piggy back chip would fix the older 2.5L though.

Both use similar Denso fuel systems and Aisin Auto trans. The common rail engines should start easily and run clean apart from a small puff of black smoke if they have not been revved for a while. CR injectors are expensive so an engine that does not run well can be expensive. Turbo Diesels and Auto trans will have problems if oil changes are neglected so check service history.

Edited by Jitar
  • Like 1

2010 Chevy Captiva so come around that age and price..?

2010 Honda CRV. so come around that age and price..?

2010 Nissan X-Trail so come around that age and price..?

2012 Ford Escape so come in newer and 600k price range..?

Last of the 'TR' body built Chevy Allroader top model Z71 2010 come in at way under your price ? PPV

Like wise with the 'TR' body built Isuzu Adventure Sport

But what do you want a SUV or a PPV ? car like to drive or truck like to drive ?

Edited by ignis

For sure PJS is the best used one in that price range. It has the newest technology platform, as the MU7, Fortuner, Everest are old old platforms soon to be replaced next year. Actually, the MU7 has been replaced by the MUX. Your challenge will be getting a low mileage one owner if possible.

I don't dispute the age of the technology comment but I recall when I bought my Fortuner, 4+ years ago, TV's motor thread pundits were saying that the platform was about to changesmile.png . Seems to sell very well, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was another 4 years!

MU7 uses a truck chassis with leaf springs, the others use their own chassis with coil springs at the rear.

• Like 1

I don't dispute the age of the technology comment but I recall when I bought my Fortuner, 4+ years ago, TV's motor thread pundits were saying that the platform was about to changesmile.png . Seems to sell very well, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was another 4 years!

Will this be the all new 2015 model in Thailand ??

http://carsya.net/2015-toyota-fortuner/all-new-toyota-fortuner-2015/

or maybe this one ? more in keeping with lights that do not fit/popping out http://carsya.net/2015-toyota-fortuner/2015-toyota-fortuner-release-date/

Edited by ignis

If it is, it looks just like the current Sequoia sold in the states.

or maybe this one ? more in keeping with lights that do not fit/popping out http://carsya.net/2015-toyota-fortuner/2015-toyota-fortuner-release-date/

No and No.

Maybe you should be searching for 2016 or 2017 Fortuner? No way it's coming in 2015 ;)

Don't think you can buy a 2010 Fortuner for 600k. Just been to an auction for repossessed cars and saw a 2007 Fortuner with 181,000km being sold for 610k.

The cheapest 2nd hand cars are Chevys. I saw some 1 and 2 year old Captivas being sold for 30% resp 40% off from original price and they had low mileage.

I'm very happy with my MU-7, big seating area in the back, much bigger than the Fortuna. Excellent 4 wheel drive system and reliable. Had a Cayenne back in the UK, but they're stupid money here.

SDM

Edited by SDM0712
  • Like 1

MU7 uses a truck chassis with leaf springs, the others use their own chassis with coil springs at the rear.

What difference does it make as I'm not a car boff and what's better?

What difference does it make as I'm not a car boff and what's better?

Far better ride with coil springs. Leaf springs went out with the ark on cars and SUV's, used for heavy load use only. MU7 just uses a truck set up........bah.gif

But is the Coil Spring a real IRS, some ive driven are still truck like.?.In fact the 4 Door V Cross seems just as good as the Captiva .Tell us why T.A.. ? They are nothing like a Cherokee or even a 20Y.O. Range Rover. Car Like ,.... My Arse.biggrin.png .

Old tech, doesn't mean bad tech

Sent from my SM-T211 using Tapatalk

Then they would have kept the leaf stuff. When you have driven them all, all is revealed. Even my 1988 Volvo estate had coil springs.

Nothing is "intendant suspension" unless the rear axle has drive shafts with couplings.

Then they would have kept the leaf stuff. When you have driven them all, all is revealed. Even my 1988 Volvo estate had coil springs.

Nothing is "intendant suspension" unless the rear axle has drive shafts with couplings.

I just said that is nothing wrong with old tech. It still has tunability, just different to independent suspension. No need to be preaching to me.

I just said that is nothing wrong with old tech. It still has tunability, just different to independent suspension. No need to be preaching to me.

My apologies if you think I am preaching, I just write my thoughts.

And yes, any spring can be set up to a required tension for a particular purpose, but leaf springs are history, but the MU7 still uses them obviously to save cash on "tooling up".

Have not looked but does the MU-X have leaf springs or have they caught up with the modern opposition ?

My apologies if you think I am preaching, I just write my thoughts.

And yes, any spring can be set up to a required tension for a particular purpose, but leaf springs are history, but the MU7 still uses them obviously to save cash on "tooling up".

Have not looked but does the MU-X have leaf springs or have they caught up with the modern opposition ?

Yes they have coil springs had a test drive in one yesterday, and it's just about ok better than the MU7 drive wise but it's a lot smaller like the Fortuner & P/Sport, it still wanders on bends though so they need to sort that bit out. The one I drove had 4 I kid you not 4 S/Steel exhaust pipes poking out the back, so it's got to be great. Caught up they have surpassed the opposition. My Tuna has only go one so I'm well peed off. Edited by fredob43
  • Like 1

Last of the 'TR' body built Chevy Allroader top model Z71 2010 come in at way under your price ? PPV

But what do you want a SUV or a PPV ? car like to drive or truck like to drive ?

Which one would drive the most like a car? Thanks

• 1 month later...

And which one has the most inside room and the very back seat does not lay on the floor where your knees are almost in your chest.

And which one has the most inside room and the very back seat does not lay on the floor where your knees are almost in your chest.

If you want room inside then maybe a private owned Hyundia ? Kia ? VW Transporter, Nissan Urvan.... , all come with petrol or diesel + manual or Auto in both engines.... even a Toyota Innova petrol Auto and a 2010 for 600k or less

some of these are fitted out with 6 captain chairs so loads of room...

Real cheap Foton View...petrol/LPG and manual only..