train 1 truck -1 nakorn pathom very recently

score keeper

Hard to see from the vid,but does not appear to be any lights,rail x-ing signs,maybe the driver thought he had time to beat the train across,or more probably was fixated on the road ahead,hope he was okay,but i doubt it,thanks for posting ,pretty spectacular crash.

Hard to see from the vid,but does not appear to be any lights,rail x-ing signs,maybe the driver thought he had time to beat the train across,or more probably was fixated on the road ahead,hope he was okay,but i doubt it,thanks for posting ,pretty spectacular crash.

The news report did say no signaling lights or any warning indicators for a train approaching. Suspect you are right about the driver focused directly in front of him rather than checking the track as they were in pretty close formation.

How many times does that happen in Thailand?

Probably less often than in the USA, but the USA has a much bigger and busier rail network.

It's very fortunate the train didn't seem to be derailed - I hope that the driver was OK.

SC

Would like to know if the driver was okay,if anyone has info,but as usual it is a lack of safety and anticipation of what could happen,having veiwed the footage a few times,it would appear something is flung from the cab,toward the body of the train on impact,i only hope it is not the driver.

How many times does that happen in Thailand?

Probably less often than in the USA, but the USA has a much bigger and busier rail network.

It's very fortunate the train didn't seem to be derailed - I hope that the driver was OK.

SC

Actually, the driver might have survived if he were belted up.

But what are the odds of that?