Netherlands vs Mexico - Round of 16 - Sun 29 June, 11:00 pm, - Match Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

Well being English but an ardent Dutch fan I've seen all this before. They should have won in 1974 but for the silly buggers trying to humiliate the Germans in front of their own fans, would have won in 1978 but for the ball hitting the inside of the post and rolling along the line in the 92nd minute, again in 1994 and 1998, but for in-fighting and on 2010 against Spain they threw off their total football for kick boxing! So...it's about time but this team looks awfully young and a bit frail at times. So 3 finals, no wins. Many Dutch people are resigned to the fact that people see them as the best team even though they don't win and that is ok. Tonight will be a test. Get through this and it could be another Holland Germany final. Tasty!

• Like 1

The Netherlands team have had luck in their past matches when there should have been "Hand ball" penalties against them in two games. Also they scored a goal from a corner against Australia when two Netherlands players impeded the goal keeper whilst the third player put the ball in the net.

If this run of good luck, from not so good refereeing runs out, then this will be fair. Netherlands have got two of the best strikers in the comp, but their defense can be quite lacking. I don't think that they can beat such a team as Belguim for example.

Will this game be on the free channels? Last night none of the channels on my TV showed a game at 11pm. They only advertised they would show the 3am game.

Then get online and GOOGLE 'wiziwig world cup soccer" not so big as the TV i know, but better than nothing.

The game will be on channel 8 at 11pm. If you can, change the sound to the right channel and you have the game in English. Same works for channel 5.

Have a good time watching.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The game will be on channel 8 at 11pm. If you can, change the sound to the right channel and you have the game in English. Same works for channel 5.

Have a good time watching.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Now that's a great tip! Yesternight i watched Brazil/Chile silent, bec the Thai commentator was cheering Brazil...

Yes it is - on Channel 8, as said above. Channel 8 is on free to air TV sets with aerials (Thai commentary only), on Channel 37 on CTH (English option on one channel) and Channel 37 on True (Thai only). I' pretty sure that all other satellite and cable providers will carry Channel 8.

never seen a cooling break in fitba before

That's what I just thought. Is that a specific regulation for this championship or is that a regular thing in South America?

Apart from that: I am unpleasantly surprised by the Dutch. Not one real chance, yet.

• Like 1