Tragic death of Steve from Barb’s Bar in Maenam

Steve-Barbs-250x300.jpg

Tragic death of Steve from Barb’s Bar in Maenam

It is with great sadness that we have to report that a member of our community last night lost his life on the roads of Koh Samui.

Steve, from the UK, was the owner of Barbs Bar in Maneam that opened its doors eight years ago. Steve was very well loved, not least for his banter and funny sarcasm.

Reports suggest that he collided with a parked car near to Maenam soi 6 in the early hours of this morning.

He will be sorely missed by his friends, of which he had many and the village will certainly not be the same without them.

The Samui Times would like to offer our heartfelt condolences to his wife Jaeb, daughter Kera, his father and the rest of his family as well as his friends and all those who knew

http://www.samuitimes.com/tragic-death-steve-barbs-bar-maenam/

Edited by Boater

Was this the accident opposite the new Family Mart cnr soi 5 . I had to stop on my way home from watching the football USA v Germany at Jordans.

I thought it was a woman being put in the ambulance. Whoever it was clipped the back corner of a broken down truck which was parked heading towards Bohput. The rear right hand wheel was missing and it was propped on bricks It was not parked parallel, but the rear was protruding into the road and quite difficult to see., i nearly hit it myself and mentioned it to someone in Jordans.

Sad, sad, terrible news, one of the nicest, most genuine blokes you could ever meet, with a lovely loving wife and daughter. I can't believe this has happened, my heart heart truly goes out to Jaeb and Kera...that poor little girl.

Will miss you very much old friend, thank you for the laughs and memories.

Our dear friend Steve will be laid to rest tomorrow at the Temple in Soi 4 Maenam(left at walking street traffics lights coming from bophut) He will be brought to the temple at 10am and the service will be at 1pm. We will be having a bottle of Leo and a LM ciggie in his memory in Barbs Bar afterwards to celebrate his wonderful life. God bless you Steve......

• Like 1