mitsubisji slim compressor ,

for real

I have a mitsubishi slim air con.15 months old .

I have never been fully staisfied but on testing my friend's old LG unit ,same size i found that his cooled his bedroom much faster than mine and that the air was much colder .

My air is cool not cold.

On Google i found that Misubishi compressors have a metal plate on the back with the serial nimber on

I found no metal plate and only 3 stickers with various numbers and information saying it was a mitsubishi slim.

Does anyone know if ALL mitsu compressors have this plate ?

Or have I been sold a fake compressor?

Tonight i started my aircon [i have to have 24.C to cool my room which has insulation above and outside.

I hour and 20 minutes later there are still 2 green lights telling me theat the compressor still has not stopped working to reach the temperature set.

Because of the insulation the floor and general temperature is not very hot in the room .

Thanks all ,in advance for any response.

For real.

Did you buy the aircon with the right capacity to cool down your bedroom? If yes then start with the basics first, have it checked for gas pressure/filling, If that is ok, than there will be/can be another problem.

Use a thermometer at the outlet of the airconditioner to check the temperature. If it is the correct temperature no problem. If it is more than 2 degrees more (there is a 2 deg buffer) there may be a problem with the airconditioner.. No thermometer makes it hard to know.

I've had a mitsubishi Mr slim 18000 btu air con for five years now,never had a problem,reliable as any other,can't fault it whatsoever.

There must be an underlying problem with your unit for sure,what I can't tell you.

But here's a picture of my beauty above the TV as I watch the Brazil v Chile game cool as a cucumber.

post-118612-14039718222828_thumb.jpg

I've had a mitsubishi Mr slim 18000 btu air con for five years now,never had a problem,reliable as any other,can't fault it whatsoever.

There must be an underlying problem with your unit for sure,what I can't tell you.

But here's a picture of my beauty above the TV as I watch the Brazil v Chile game cool as a cucumber.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1403971819.032376.jpg

Stoneboy.

Does your compressor have a metal plate at the back with a serial number on?

The shop I bought mine from .they installed,has many units and a workshop.

The a/c is the small unit but was specified as ok for my bedroom which is also well insulated and out of the sun.

Thanks all for your response.

For real.

Have you cleaned the indoor unit filters recently?

Is it too much to ask:-

1. The size of the room
  2. The capacity of the aircon
  3. The temperature you are setting

why would anybody reveal confidential personal data Crossy? huh.png

Use a thermometer at the outlet of the airconditioner to check the temperature. If it is the correct temperature no problem. If it is more than 2 degrees more (there is a 2 deg buffer) there may be a problem with the airconditioner.. No thermometer makes it hard to know.

the outlet air temperature varies depending on the aircon's capacity and the heat load the unit has to handle. there is no such thing like a 2º buffer.

wai2.gif

the outlet air temperature varies depending on the aircon's capacity and the heat load the unit has to handle. there is no such thing like a 2º buffer.

The documentation with the Mistsubushi slim inverter gives some information to indicate that the "computer"in it is programmed to monitor the outside temperature and the inside temperature and depending on what the computer determines is the most satisfactory for the conditions the temperature may vary two degrees. I took this to mean a 2 degree buffer.

The documentation with the Mistsubushi slim inverter gives some information to indicate that the "computer"in it is programmed to monitor the outside temperature and the inside temperature and depending on what the computer determines is the most satisfactory for the conditions the temperature may vary two degrees. I took this to mean a 2 degree buffer.

i usually don't comment on manufacturers' rubbish should that rubbish exist (which i strongly doubt).

-the ambient (outside) temperature is totally irrelevant. the only thing that counts is the temperature which the user wants to achieve in the area he wants to cool.

-there's no such thing like a built-in computer which decides whether a user can cool his room to 20ºC or 27ºC if the ambient temperature is, e.g. 36ºC.

-the difference between suction temperature and blow-out temperature of the inside unit depends on the prevailing room temperature when the unit is switched on, the units capacity and the desired temperature setting. this difference is not constant but can very between 0ºC and 15ºC.

Crossy.

Before I start please ask your buddy Nam not to read this personal info which I did not put yesterday as my wife was ill and sleeping and I could not remember exactly.

My bedroom is 4x4 meters square I have insulated the roof above the bedroom and the 2 outside walls.The inner walls are also insulated in the attic.

My friernd 's bedroom is exactly the same size as mine and he uses an LG [6-7 years old]small size 9 btu as I have.

His a/c works well and he has NO insulation.

My main question which nobody seems to understand was..

Do all mitsubishi compressors have a metal plate with the serial number on?

I read on the website that these compressors do.

Mine des not and owing to the inefficiency of my unit I may have been sold some sort of copy compressor.

Hope you are keeping well.

I am apart from my useless,expensive aircon.

4.Real.

Crossy.

P.S

I clean the inner and outer units every month.

The inner is seldom dirty and just a little dust on the compressor.

I called the A/C men to do a full clean [took the inner apart] 3 days ago.The A/C seems even worse for the maintenance.They said that there was no need to top up the gas.

4.Real.

He is asking about a serial number for the outside compressor as do not believe made as one unit and can be different compressors used with same air handler so each should have a number. I have the local made versions (fuji aire) so can not answer you with easy access as the only real unit is a 9k inverter mounted high on outside wall out of my view. But would say 24c is a very low temp for ceiling level air - room at bed level would feel like a meat-locker to me.

To clarify,without upending my free standing outside compressor unit I can see no such metal identification plate only the silver sticker on the side see below.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1404047812.281478.jpg

Hope this helps.

Thanks stoneyboy.

I have the same stickers but the website I looked at stated that 'Mitsubifi slim compressors have a metal plate at the back of the compressor with the serial number on.'

I do not have any metal plate with numbers on.I have stickers only

4.Real.

I put the A/C to 24 C as any less and the room is not cool and the compressor cuts out while the room hasn't cooled..Maybe the thermostat is not functioning correctly.

I do not have a thermometer

I do not think the room ever gets to 24.C and as I stated yesterday after one hour and 40 minutes the compressor was still working to reach the temperature and the room was not coold but merely cool and dry.Not cool enough for a good night's sleep.

Again...My friend's old LG [9 BTU ]works much better than my mitsu and cools his room very quickly.the air flow from that LG is much colder than mine.

But thanks all for your input...

Except Nam

I've not seen any equipment with the old type metal rating plate for years, everything comes with those 'stickers' (they are actually metal). I suspect that is what the website you reference is talking about, unless they have a photo of something different.

The A/C is correctly sized for your room. :)

The service man checked the gas pressures, all OK.

So we need to look elsewhere.

You're not accidentally running the unit in 'dry' mode are you, 'cool' is usually designated by a snowflake symbol?

Without a thermometer to make some measurements we're really running around blind, human senses are easily fooled, 'feeling' cool or cold is highly subjective.

I'm a bit confused by your statement "I put the A/C to 24 C as any less and the room is not cool and the compressor cuts out while the room hasn't cooled" but without a proper measurement who knows.

The same goes for checking the outlet temperature of the indoor unit, it should 'feel' cold, but a thermometer would tell us how cool it is.

• Like 1

I've not seen any equipment with the old type metal rating plate for years, everything comes with those 'stickers' (they are actually metal). I suspect that is what the website you reference is talking about, unless they have a photo of something different.

The A/C is correctly sized for your room. smile.png

You're not accidentally running the unit in 'dry' mode are you, 'cool' is usually designated by a snowflake symbol?

Without a thermometer to make some measurements we're really running around blind, human senses are easily fooled, 'feeling' cool or cold is highly subjective.

I'm a bit confused by your statement "I put the A/C to 24 C as any less and the room is not cool and the compressor cuts out while the room hasn't cooled" but without a proper measurement who knows.

The same goes for checking the outlet temperature of the indoor unit, it should 'feel' cold, but a thermometer would tell us how cool it is.

Crossy.

I set it to 24.C as at any lower temp the compressor will stop working before the room is cool enough.Even at 25.C the room will not get very cool.

Maybe a problem with the thermostat.

Even so my friend's old LG unit is much more efficient than mine.I can feel the cooler air from his unit without need for a thermometer.My unit is 15 months old and I service more regularly than my friend in my soi.

I have never been happy with the performance of this A/C.

The unit is set with the snowflake symbol..

I believe that the compressor is not working correctly.

Thanks for your input.4.Real.

The A/C is correctly sized for your room. smile.png

Crossy.

I set it to 24.C as at any lower temp the compressor will stop working before the room is cool enough.Even at 25.C the room will not get very cool.

Maybe a problem with the thermostat.

Even so my friend's old LG unit is much more efficient than mine.I can feel the cooler air from his unit without need for a thermometer.My unit is 15 months old and I service more regularly than my friend in my soi.

I have never been happy with the performance of this A/C.

The unit is set with the snowflake symbol..

I believe that the compressor is not working correctly.

Thanks for your input.4.Real.

I think you're onto something here...

Have you been able to locate the temperature sensor in the indoor unit and check that it's clean and unobstructed? usually it's located behind the main cover on the same PCB board as the indicator LED's, and has some small ventilation holes in the cover.

Next, I don't suppose your indoor unit has been mounted in such a way that there's no/little clearance between the top of it and the ceiling? if so, that could explain it as well - too close to the ceiling and you can get a cold air short circuit - normally most manufacturers spec that the indoor unit must be mounted 30-40cm from the ceiling.