Poll: Most Thais unconcerned over measures against coup

Lite Beer

........... If the hypocrites from overseas don't like what has happened, screw them. If things improve, why care what the idiots who don't live here say?

Why care? Because those idiots are Thailand's trading partners and because Thailand has just taken a step back from integrating and participating in the global community

Wut? You wouldn't know sarcasm if it hit you in the face, would you?

I don't think it was sarcasm, read the whole post, it is view held by many Thais.

.........................."Anyway sarcasm does not normally work on forums that are participated on by people from different countries some of whose first language is not English."........................

Who cares what their first language is ? Sarcasm is sarcasm in any language !

I love it, give me some more ! Hit me in the face with it ! clap2.gif

We should bear in mind the Thai people's history of seriously delayed reactions to a coup. Remember last time it took about 3 years after the coup until there was a sudden and violent mass uprising(which accidentally coincided with a state seizure of Shinawatra ill-gotten wealth). I thought the mass uprising was a result of the Shins paying for the protestors but I have it on good authority( notorious red German aristocrat) that it was indeed a mass uprising because of, and only because of the coup and nothing to do with Thaksin's asset seizure. If history repeats we will see a reaction to this coup sometime in 2017.

Hello UbonRatch. smile.png
From what you've written, your wife is probably an ethnic Chinese ! These are people who have Chinese ancestry. Does your wife look Chinese ? smile.png
The vast bulk of the Chinese in Thailand can speak very little or no Chinese (Mandarin or other Chinese dialects) at all. Yes, some of them regard themselves as having almost zero links with China. Bit like some Americans (white Americans) I know, they feel almost no connection with Europe !

Yes, Chinese in Thailand, a lot of them go to temples where there is lots (or some) of Chinese writing inside there. And many have some Chinese writing on the sign outside there shop/business and some have Chinese writing on the walls inside the business premises.

Some of us come here to Thailand, and don't regard the Chinese-Thais as being Chinese at all. But we certainly do regard Chinese people at home in England/Australia as being Chinese ! And I know a few guys who took the Thai girlfriend/wife back home, they were aware of people thinking "so he's got his Thai lady, she's actually Chinese, or looks the same as them". smile.png
I certainly don't have a problem with anybody of whatever race, and yes, I don't really like anything that is regarded as racial abuse.

Back to the issue being raised by Thai Visa. I do feel that lots of people on ThaiVisa are a bit anti-Chinese, as in against mainland China. They regard China as a threat, when they see China's economy growing rapidly. And they simply don't like it if it is going to be a case of Thailand moving away from Europe/USA and drifting towards China. To me, Thailand stands to gain some and lose some, if it becomes more aligned with China. Overall, it is certainly not a problem for Thailand if it does happen.