Shipping some items to Chiang Mai from America

sunoco27

Only If you have had actual experience with this, please try to help me.

I am now in the USA and I need to ship some personal items (deodorant, ladies body lotion, perfume, misc. household items, silverware, etc...)

totaling about 70 lbs. to Chiang Mai.

Can it be done at a reasonable cost?

Do I have to worry about customs?

What is the best company for me to deal with here in the USA?

Thank You for your help.

The cheapest way would be to pay for extra bags on your return flight.

1.Can it be done at a reasonable cost? Probably not

2.Do I have to worry about customs? Yes

3.What is the best company for me to deal with here in the USA? Post office but go back to 1.

• Like 2

A suitcase would be fine... If customs looks at you arrival (which is unlikely) customs will only raise their eyebrows if you have large quantities of single items (That loo like you might resale them here)... remove items from their boxes if new... this will also reduce your weight... but as said an extra suitcase might be expensive... check your airline... Otherwise USPS... but this will take 3-4 weeks and use a strong box and expect the box to be knocked around and stacked in a sea shipping container...

forget the post. there is a major crackdown going on now. they are opening almost all of the parcels coming in and charging import taxes. the wife already got a notice about some items she ordered from China. they said the delay from customs in BKK to C.M. could be months and there will be taxes due!

DO NOT REPEAT DO NOT send it post. Unless you want to pay RANSOM to release it from customs. Apparently you're not familiar with How things work here. You don't SET THEM UP extort you. They do fine all by themselves.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

@ OP. Shipping those items is not economical(Trust me). Unless you absolutely have to have those items just buy something comparable in Thailand. I have done the math over and over and it is not worth it and the hassle. With that said, If you are traveling back and forth to the US I recommend you do it via an extra suitcase. Most airlines charge $100 for an extra bag up to 23 kgs(50 lbs). I have done this at least 15 times and never ever had a customs issue and I even brought over a Weber Smokey Joe BBQ pit biggrin.png

Good Luck. If I can be of any help, please let me know.

I fly to to the USA every year from CM via Korean air. They allow 2 50 lbs check in luggage free. Plus your carry on. If you pack well that is alot. If you use US post it will cost a fortune. It is very inexpensive to send items from Thailand to US but not the other way around, even thou the same people are handling your packages.