Louis Vuitton-toting Thai nun under investigation

webfact

A Buddhist nun is under investigation for what? Taking some initiative to self-support and improve her financial state of being, instead of sitting on her arse all day, like her "panhandling" male counter-parts @ the Temple. Right-on sister clap2.gif.pagespeed.ce.z5euFoXm0J.gif keep going with setting a good "personal productivity" example for those free-loading monks to followwai2.gif .

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maybe its not wrong for a nun, but her behavior is inappropriate, an anonymous user wrote on Pantip. It sparks curiosity and questions among Buddhists. It ruins the image of the religion and temple.

There's enough hypocrisy to go around. Let's not hoard and reserve it for only the western religions.

The image of Buddhism in Thailand is already well and truly ruined. Thai Buddhism is all about money.

ALL religions are all about the money. FYI -The Roman Catholic Church is a "one-billion-dollar-a-month" corporate enterprise whistling.gif

Maybe its not wrong for a nun, but her behavior is inappropriate, an anonymous user wrote on Pantip. It sparks curiosity and questions among Buddhists. It ruins the image of the religion and temple.

There's enough hypocrisy to go around. Let's not hoard and reserve it for only the western religions.

The image of Buddhism in Thailand is already well and truly ruined. Thai Buddhism is all about money.

ALL religions are all about the money. FYI -The Roman Catholic Church is a "one-billion-dollar-a-month" corporate enterprise whistling.gif
I absolutely agree with you

Here are the five precepts of Buddhism. Now look around you in Thailand.

Given the fact that Thailand has one of highest firearm murder rates in the world,

one of the highest alcohol consumption rates in the world, is famous around

the world for prostitution, and a country so famous for deceit that neighboring

countries use the phrase " Don't Thai to me." And the country considers itself

to be 95 % Buddhist. Hmmmmm.....

So against this back ground, a Nun stepping out of a Porsche is par for the

course I think. Maybe when the general has time next year he can start to look

into these temples and money laundering. Everyone knows what is going on,

now it time to stop it and put faces to the people who are involved in it...

It must be powerful people, as I notice the jet setting monk story has gently

faded away......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_Precepts

1. "Do not kill." (Unintentional killing is considered less offensive)
  2. "Do not steal." (Including misappropriating someone's property)
  3. "Do not engage in improper sexual conduct." (e.g. sexual contact not sanctioned by secular laws, the Buddhist monastic code, or by one's parents and guardians)
  4. "Do not make false statements." (Also includes pretending to know something one doesn't)
  5. "Do not drink alcohol."
Edited by EyesWideOpen
  • Like 1

when it is legit, let her enjoy ...

She earn hard for her money.

What is wrong with that?

Nun cannot drive car? Come'on this is not Saudi Arabia.

I think it's more about ownership than driving.

When, where and how did she get the money for all that expensive stuff?

The Thai nuns, wearing white robes, are not ordained clergy. They take 8 precepts. They are civilian participants in the temple activities. This particular nun probably comes from a wealthy family. Is it inappropriate for her to show of her LV purse and Porsche car.. Yes.. Is it a big deal? No. Someone's jealous of this woman or scrapping the bottom of the barrel for a story.

This lady can walk away any time she wants, she doesn't have to be dis-robed. Matter of fact, there is no dis-robing of nuns. They are civilians doing some work around the temple and wearing the white robes to show their devotion. So, what do you say we dial it down a notch? wai.gif

Remember this: The farmer who plants a few seeds will have a very small harvest. But the farmer who plants because he has received God's blessings will receive a harvest of God's blessings in return. Or in other words these are just perks of the job by divine intervention.

But I really do not understand why this nun requires a car when she could travel via the astral plane?

Remember this: The farmer who plants a few seeds will have a very small harvest. But the farmer who plants because he has received God's blessings will receive a harvest of God's blessings in return. Or in other words these are just perks of the job by divine intervention.

But I really do not understand why this nun requires a car when she could travel via the astral plane?

Have you seen the astral's safety record?

The Thai nuns, wearing white robes, are not ordained clergy. They take 8 precepts. They are civilian participants in the temple activities. This particular nun probably comes from a wealthy family. Is it inappropriate for her to show of her LV purse and Porsche car.. Yes.. Is it a big deal? No. Someone's jealous of this woman or scrapping the bottom of the barrel for a story.

This lady can walk away any time she wants, she doesn't have to be dis-robed. Matter of fact, there is no dis-robing of nuns. They are civilians doing some work around the temple and wearing the white robes to show their devotion. So, what do you say we dial it down a notch? wai.gif

If I was a multi-millionaire, and I wanted to travel down to a poor part of town

to help out at a temple, I would not drive down there in my Rolls Royce.....

It bespeaks of poor judgement at a minimum if indeed the car is somehow

from her family. If the car is a byproduct of laundered money , that is a

different story. I suspect we have not heard the last of this story.....

The jet set monk basically got a walk because he was protected by

powerful people. With Prayuth in charge, that will no longer be

happening...So will be curious to see how this plays out......

• Like 1

If I was a multi-millionaire, and I wanted to travel down to a poor part of town

to help out at a temple, I would not drive down there in my Rolls Royce.....

It bespeaks of poor judgement at a minimum if indeed the car is somehow

from her family. If the car is a byproduct of laundered money , that is a

different story. I suspect we have not heard the last of this story.....

The jet set monk basically got a walk because he was protected by

powerful people. With Prayuth in charge, that will no longer be

happening...So will be curious to see how this plays out......

Yes, I agree with you, she is showing very poor judgment. We don't know much about this Nun in white, other than she carry's expensive hand bags and drives expensive cars. She may be one of those women who knows she has it and likes to flaunt it or she may not even realize what she's doing. I've seen both at the temples.

Those were donated items for sure. And everyone knows you shouldn't shun donations lest you defy someone's heavenly good deed.

Haha if I had to make a choice between a Thai person donating his beloved Porsche to a temple to " make merit" , or that this car is part of something else, I am going to have to go with the latter choice.

• Like 1

Those were donated items for sure. And everyone knows you shouldn't shun donations lest you defy someone's heavenly good deed.

Haha if I had to make a choice between a Thai person donating his beloved Porsche to a temple to " make merit" , or that this car is part of something else, I am going to have to go with the latter choice.

Of course the Porsche is on a 'loan' donation only. The bag came with it as well.

• Like 1