Sos Calls Only

Michael W

I have an old Sony Ericsson T100 which has lately been giving me some problems establishing a connection to the mobile network. Instead of displaying the station name it's connected to, most of the time it gives the message "SOS calls only." All the manual has on this message is:

SOS calls only

You are within range of a network, but you are not allowed to use it. However, in an emergency, some operators allow you to call the international emergency number 112.

which isn't particularly helpful since I am able to connect but just very infrequently. I thought maybe the antenna was loose, but after having a guy at MBK improve the contact that seemed to fix things for only a day or so. I've also tried popping the battery and powering down. The battery is good and fully charged and I'm using DTAC. Any ideas?

I have an old Sony Ericsson T100 which has lately been giving me some problems establishing a connection to the mobile network. Instead of displaying the station name it's connected to, most of the time it gives the message "SOS calls only." All the manual has on this message is:
SOS calls only

You are within range of a network, but you are not allowed to use it. However, in an emergency, some operators allow you to call the international emergency number 112.

which isn't particularly helpful since I am able to connect but just very infrequently. I thought maybe the antenna was loose, but after having a guy at MBK improve the contact that seemed to fix things for only a day or so. I've also tried popping the battery and powering down. The battery is good and fully charged and I'm using DTAC. Any ideas?

An error message like that would normaly be a problem with the sim-card. Try removing it, give it a careful cleaning and reinsert it into the phone.

Sophon

most of the time it gives the message "SOS calls only."
An error message like that would normaly be a problem with the sim-card. Try removing it, give it a careful cleaning and reinsert it into the phone.

Sophon

Thanks! That seems to have helped. The phone is definitely working better. I just hope it lasts.