Chiang Mai immigration holiday?

fearless1

re

Anybody know whether the Chiang Mai immigration office is open on Tuesday, July 1st. It's the Thailand Mid Year Bank holiday but I can't find any information on whether it affects the immigration office.

yes it is ! .... tywais is right !

coz ive got to meet my visa assist agent there tomorrow

to get my pic taken with the immigration officer who signs my ..... he can stay another year permission to stay tomorrow !

i hope shes a babe and not the lump that sits on the front desk now and again ... but who knows ?

dave2

ps ... my agent is also getting me a single re entry permit at the same time ! ... so ill be sorted for another year )

post-42592-0-29044100-1404145559_thumb.j

with the new changes coming soon the immigration office may be a night mare soon.or the border crossing may be.this maybe the best new friend for all the expats and visa info now

Your post was as clear as mud!

• Like 1

If you are using a visa agent, dave2, why do you need to be there? I thought the whole point of using an agent was NOT to have to show up at the circus. Not being disrespectful, just curious.

This is just my past experience. The 1st ten years I worked here I never saw immigration or labor department, didn't even know where they were, as the university handled it and I just signed a proxy form the uni gave me. However they changed policy later and required my presence for my extensions from then on. Suspect the policy is still in place.

I was wondering the same thing..about the Holiday in general. I had seen it listed on the BKK Bank website. I asked a couple of Thais last night, where I was doing cold Leos without ice, and they had no clue. I gambled and went to mail a letter at Thai Post....open, and great service. All the big branches on Suthep were closed with signs on the doors, but as stated, I've seen the branch at Panthip Plaza open on some pretty big Holidays in addition to Sundays...same with Airport Plaza banks....Krungsi paid me my monthly interest (without tax with holding) on 30 June.......it adds up.....

If you are using a visa agent, dave2, why do you need to be there? I thought the whole point of using an agent was NOT to have to show up at the circus. Not being disrespectful, just curious.

He needs to be there to take a picture of the ..... lump /

re

If you are using a visa agent, dave2, why do you need to be there? I thought the whole point of using an agent was NOT to have to show up at the circus

the first two years i didnt have to go at all coz i signed

all the papers in the agents office in chiang mai land

and they called me to collect my passport when it was all done :)

this year they changed the rules that an immigration officer has to take your pic in the office at the time they issue you with a new permission to stay one year

( in my case ) so now you have to go there on the day !

i met the assist thai visa girl there at 2 40 and was out of there about 3 15 all done even though the re entry man wanted another bit of paper which she sorted instantly !

total cost to me just under 9 thousand baht including a single re entry permit !

or about 24 baht a day for a year and well worth it

dave2 ... will be celebrating with a few beers tonight :)

ps .. the pic has to be taken by the officer ... not with one !

and the lump wasnt there today

post-42592-0-12261300-1404214989_thumb.j

post-42592-0-73318100-1404215010_thumb.j

post-42592-0-05563100-1404215065_thumb.j

A friend of mine used a local visa agent three weeks ago. He filled in the proper forms at the agent's office, submitting his passport, as well the proof of residence form and income affidavit from Canadian consul, and photos. Cost of agent was 6000 baht, plus 2000 for one year retirement extension, and (I think it is) 3800 for multiple re-entries. He picked up his approved visa and passport the next day after the agent went in his stead to the imm. office.

Sounds quite reasonable to me. I plan to do the same thing when my extension comes due. I missed the ten minute opening for securing a scarce online appointment.

Assuming of course that the rules don't change.

I paid less for an O-A multiple entry in my home country...that is good for close to two years, and is multiple entry during the first....total cost including physical was 255 usd.........so, if you actually return home every few years; that would be an option, and you wouldn't need to have the 800K in a Thai Bank, just the equivalent in your local bank.