Taxi To Hua Hin

dekestone

I have been using Mr. Veersasat for almost 5 years he is the most reliable and honest taxi driver I have ever met. He even is my neighbour and I occasionally help his daughter with her English home work. He has a new Isuzu SUV taxi too. He can be reached at 09 238 1918 in Bangkok hope that helps. :o

The guy who sits in an outside office in the Park Hotel carpark (between Sukhumvit 11 and 7) arranges cars to all over the place. He has a fleet of around 5-6 drivers, always using volvos and other larger cars. His name is Khun Somboon.

Can't remember the rate to Hua Hin, but think it's around 1800. Fare to Pattaya is 1100. Very reliable.

Edited by bendix

While I have never actually tried their service, the Dusit Hotel group runs an 11 passenger Mercedes van, dubbed The Dusit Sprinter,

between the Dusit Thani Bangkok and their sister resorts in Hua Hin and Pattaya. Rates are Bt 500 per person from BKK-Pattaya and Bt 600 per person BKK-Hua Hin.

Given the Dusit Thani is serviced by, and literally steps away, from the MRTA Silom Station , I think it would be very convenient to access from anywhere along the BTS or MRTA rail network

Here's a nice shot with some information about the van itself, another of the press release, and some related information from the Hua Hin end as well as the Pattaya end

PS- To book the service from Bangkok, call them at 02-036-9999

Edited by GoodHeart

Thanks all of you guys for your suggestions.

I kinda eliminated the train because it takes so long -- nearly 4 1/2 hours if it's on time. Still, at least there's no blaring vdo (unless things have changed) so in that sense it's better than the bus. I'll check to see if the dept. / arr. times jibe with my schedule.

I have seen that guy near the Park Hotel and will check his rates when I'm next in the area. I didn't know about the Dusit Sprinter so thanks GH for that info.

I kinda eliminated the train because it takes so long -- nearly 4 1/2 hours if it's on time.

I didn't know about the Dusit Sprinter so thanks GH for that info.

That if should be read in the biggest CAPS imagineable. I went by train to Chumphon and back about 8 weeks ago. The train down appeared on the designated track at Hua Lumphong one hour late. And the return train was a tedious 5.5 hours behind schedule. :o And, if that wasn't bad enough, the station personnel were never able to pin down the time of arrival there, which meant we had to loiter at the station the entire time. :D

per the Dusit Sprinter info: Welcome :D

As the e-mail address suggests his name is Mick hes a good gut I know him well.

I really did mean to say " hes a good guy"

honest

Moss

I'm disappointed!

I kind of envisioned the character Kasper Gutman from The Maltese Falcon. :o

Thanks for the tip, Moss.

If you are worried about safety why not take the train?

My sister and law and her husband just moved to Thailand and are shopping for land in Hua Hin

They said they took the train down to Hua Hin from HuaLumpong station. They said It was a very pleasant ride and since it doesn't follow the highway, they got to see a lot of pretty countryside

It took a bit longer but it was safe and relaxing.