Best buffets in pattaya

Jiimmy

I believe Hilton has great seafood lunch buffet for around 400 baht

2 days per week, sorry unsure which days

Fridays.

So there are 2 Fridays in a week in Thailand ? biggrin.png

I knew there were 7 Sundays but ...........

May be we should consult thailiketoo, no doubt he will have a link and statisticstongue.png

Cherry's "international buffet" on Wednesday/Saturday is not bad at THB399. And if 7-plate, cinema chair-busting "Mr Creosote" is reading they have no plate limit but do have (sometimes) a time limit, more depending on how busy they are than how greedy you are though.

I have always liked Antons in Naklua and I go there a couple times a month when I'm in Pattaya. For those who don't know Antons is a German restaurant and he offers a good selection of German food as well as several Thai selections in his nightly buffet. Starts 6 pm and I think the price is around B250. I think for top quality though it would be hard to beat the big hotels like Hilton, Marriot etc.

Do not know why no one mentioned, but Thai mugata is pretty good. You have choice of all meats, seafood, and many other unidentified objects.

It is under 200 baht and open daily.

The only downside is there is no air. and you have to cook your own

Do not know why no one mentioned, but Thai mugata is pretty good. You have choice of all meats, seafood, and many other unidentified objects.

Are you talking about a particular one or just Thai hotpot buffet places in general?

Yes, I agree that they are good value and make a nice change.

Are you talking about a particular one or just Thai hotpot buffet places in general?

Yes, I agree that they are good value and make a nice change.

Just in general, can not speak of one in particular because have too many.

Can say though, there is one on 3rd down closer to Jomtien, use to be really great food, not sure if changed ownership or cooks but 2 weeks ago it was uneatable.

Even the fruits were rotten

If you like Sushi, there is Oishi in Big C on Second Road

345 Thb for all you can eat with a 1h 15min time limit.

Haven't been yet but would like to hear from members that have.

Sent from my iPad so Please excuse any typos

If you like the taste of plastic than this is not a bad deallaugh.png

I believe Hilton has great seafood lunch buffet for around 400 baht

2 days per week, sorry unsure which days

+ 1 Hilton/ Seafood/Friday! MS>

Is it only for lunch or do they also have dinner buffets?

Also anyone know the prices and opening times?

Question, have you been there? Or are you just guessing ?

Thanks

Sushi made by Oishi is not a real sushi

I have not eaten the buffet but i have eaten sushi made by Oishi

Is it only for lunch or do they also have dinner buffets?

Also anyone know the prices and opening times?

Lunchtimes Mon-Sat 12.00 around 500B net by the time you have bought water. 50B more on Friday. Various themes, some of which are less than thrilling as far as I'm concerned. Good days are Tuesday, Thursday, Friday.

Evenings Mon-Sat they have the same theme of the day as at lunchtime but with more/better ingredients and the price is just under double. Starts at 18.00

Lunchtime Sunday is a fancy brunch buffet at about 1200B which is good but overpriced.

I think that for a weekend evening buffet you can do better elsewhere, notably at the Montien on Saturday (1000B when it's open), the Royal Cliff also on Saturday at 1400B which is probably the best. The Mercure on Saturday at 600B is good value.

There are several weekend buffets at around 1000B from the Dusit up into Wong Amat but I can rarely be bothered to drive through the traffic to get there. Maybe I should take advantage of it being quiet at the moment and refresh my acquaintance with them.

There are a couple more of those 3-400 baht all-you-can-eat sushi-train kinda places in town, at least 4 I know of: Tesco Lotus Sukhumvit, Central (2 different places), Royal Garden. Of course it's not going to be haute cuisine for that price, but it's certainly as good sushi as you'll get anywhere in Pattaya.

Best value must absolutely be Cherry's IMO.

Curious about Mantra, what's the deal? Lunch or dinner buffet? Only weekends or every day? Price? What's included, why is it good?

Thanks

Yeah I understand, but then Big C Extra Foodcoort Sushi or any other Sushi that's not made by a Chef isn't sushi either, so your choices are very limited (2 places ??) then.

I always buy Sushi on the SSCC market at 5 Baht each, and it tastes good, but I don't know if the ladies name is chef.

Curious about Mantra, what's the deal? Lunch or dinner buffet? Only weekends or every day? Price? What's included, why is it good?

Brunch buffet from 11:30 to around 14:30 on Sundays only. It's best to book, normally there's seats available but I've seen it fully booked many times and not just in the high seasons. Price is in the ballpark of 2000 Baht a head for food, I don't know exactly because we always have drinks on the bill as well. There's an option to add all you can drink wine that's something like 1400 Baht but I've never tried that, a few glasses is enough at that time of day!.

On to the food, it's like nowhere else in Pattaya or any high end hotel I've stayed at around the world, which are many. There's food stations for seafood, sushi, roasts, curry, steaks/lamb, chinese, cold meats and salad (we're talking Parma ham and smoked Salmon at that station to give you an idea), cheeses, and deserts. This is all top-shelf produce, mostly imported, and it's superb. You would be doing well to sample everything in one visit, even small portions of everything would be too much. I've taken family and friends from overseas there many times in the past and it's never failed to impress, a buffet like that in the Western world would easily be $100++ and that's if you could find anywhere with such a selection.

Just an edit to add, it makes no sense to go there for ala carte dinner IMO. Done that once and it cost more than the buffet for 3 courses, and the portion size is set by the Exec Chef obviously. Go for the brunch instead, pretty much everything on the main menu is on offer and you can help yourself.

Edited by Subpar

On to the food, it's like nowhere else in Pattaya or any high end hotel I've stayed at around the world, which are many.

It is the best Sunday brunch in Pattaya though at about 2000B net it is still overpriced, probably because it is Sunday lunchtime.

I've been to many places in Thailand (including Pattaya) and elsewhere that are similar/better quality and/or better value, though not necessarily on Sunday lunchtime.

I have always liked Antons in Naklua and I go there a couple times a month when I'm in Pattaya. For those who don't know Antons is a German restaurant and he offers a good selection of German food as well as several Thai selections in his nightly buffet. Starts 6 pm and I think the price is around B250. I think for top quality though it would be hard to beat the big hotels like Hilton, Marriot etc.

I agree wholeheartedly. I was there last night, although it's too far from my home (Jomtien) to be more than a once/twice per month thing. I grew up with German home cooking, and it's great to eat that style of food now and then. It's too heavy for many people, and those who do did not grow up with German cooking don't seem all that impressed, but we all seem to have a sweet spot for Mom's cooking, and Anton's is the closest thing for me.

I've been to many places in Thailand (including Pattaya) and elsewhere that are similar/better quality and/or better value, though not necessarily on Sunday lunchtime.

And they would be.......

I'm always looking for good buffets. Don't care about the price but there's just something about a buffet I really like where you can take your time, and chat away while having some drinks in between courses that are served at your speed. They're particularly good when someone says "you've got to try this" and what they have looks sensational but it's too late when dining ala carte, you're stuck with what you ordered.

So yes please, tell me where similar/better buffets are in Pattaya. I've tried most all of them in the 5* hotels but must have missed some somewhere.

As far as local ones go I think that the Royal Cliff on Saturday evening is better for a start. Also better value. I mentioned some other local ones in an earlier comment in this thread. Of the ones I didnt mention I like the Sheraton and Cape Dara, and the Marriot is also a good deal.

If you are prepared to go to Bangkok I think you can do quite a bit better than the Mantra though prices are higher than here.

Further afield I also know a nice place just outside Avignon in France that does a splendid winter buffet of cold-water shellfish (far tastier than the warm-water sort) and assorted cold meats and salads, and hot French dishes including Bouillabaisse soup with all the trimmings for about 1500B (equiv). Bit of a way to go for lunch from here though, but I wish I could!

Thanks

Yeah I understand, but then Big C Extra Foodcoort Sushi or any other Sushi that's not made by a Chef isn't sushi either, so your choices are very limited (2 places ??) then.

There are many Japanese restaurant around. I actually like the taste of Fuji

But no idea about Sushi Buffets

Both Zen and Fuji offer better sushi than the sushi-train places, but at a different (higher) price.

I prefer Anego, off Soi 5 on Beach Road, but it's not quite as good as their Sri Racha branch. You have to 'encourage' them to serve Nigiri Sushi of a similar size to their Sri Racha branch.

I have always liked Antons in Naklua....

I go there from time to time. You have to get there early as they arent always very quick at refreshing the dishes. I find that some things are very good but some are really awful, so you do have to be choosy. Not bad value for the money though.