Foreigner suspected of dealing drugs in Central Pattaya entertainment area

webfact

Foreigner suspected of dealing drugs in Central Pattaya entertainment area

drugs-2.jpg

PATTAYA: -- In the early hours of Wednesday, Pattaya Police arrested a foreign man in Central Pattaya, accused of possessing and selling class 1 and class 2 drugs.

Earlier in the night Police arrested a Thai man with a small quantity of the class 1 drug Crystal Methamphetamine. He claimed that the foreign man sold him the drugs.

An undercover operation was arranged whereby an operative purchased drugs from the foreigner who was subsequently arrested and taken to Pattaya Police Station.

Upon questioning, the man, known only as “Sascha” aged in his thirties, refused to give his full name or nationality to Police. In his possession was 2.26g of Crystal

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/133577/foreigner-suspected-of-dealing-drugs-in-central-pattaya-entertainment-area/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-07-02

• Like 1

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems that many of these people caught with small amounts of drugs give up their supplier. Sometimes the supplier gives up his supplier as well. I'm wondering how the police achieve such a high level of cooperation.

It seems that many of these people caught with small amounts of drugs give up their supplier. Sometimes the supplier gives up his supplier as well. I'm wondering how the police achieve such a high level of cooperation.

If you confess and cooperate with the police, your sentence will be cut in half.

• Like 1

If you confess and cooperate with the police, your sentence will be cut in half.

Not true, quite often it is wise not to talk to police and talk only in court with your lawyer present, there if you accept guilt your sentence will be halved.

Police has absolutely nothing to do with it, quite often they make things worse.

I know this because I have helped friends in a few cases ! Talk in court NOT with police and that is your right.

Then I stand corrected, sir. coffee1.gifcoffee1.gif

• Like 1

I am fairly new to Thailand.

When facing arrest by Thai police is it beneficial to withhold your name and passport details.

Do not want to assume or stipulate but Thai buying drugs from a foreigner is somewhat unusual.

Perhaps Thai sold drugs to this guy but to get into less trouble served him up as a dealer .

Again it's all a guess, but the guy in the photo looks very confused, aside from being naked

Not true, quite often it is wise not to talk to police and talk only in court with your lawyer present, there if you accept guilt your sentence will be halved.

Police has absolutely nothing to do with it, quite often they make things worse.

I know this because I have helped friends in a few cases ! Talk in court NOT with police and that is your right.

Withholding the name and country of origin does not land you in court, it lands you rotting in the cell until police can verify your identity.

Yes you do have to talk to police because charges have to be laid. You do not have to admit anything but you do have to give statement , again failure to do so does not land you in court, but back in the cells

Whats the deal with him being shirtless?

I think he is pantsless as well smile.png

With that deer-in-the-headlight look about him, and his desire to travel "unencumbered", it appears he may be sampling his product.

You guy are nuts w00t.gif ... and funny !! Thanks for the morning laugh !!! always a great way to start the day clap2.gif

• Like 1

Another genius who thinks that the road to riches is smuggling drugs through countries like Thailand. I'm opposed to all drug laws but it's hard to believe that someone could be this stupid, knowing what the risks are. He rolled the dice, he lost.

• Like 1

Isn't 2.26g an amount one person would buy for personal use?

My bet he's not even a drug dealer but a showstopping Russian belly dancer short of cashwink.png

If he looks Russian to you, you should consider changing the optometrist

• Like 1

I am fairly new to Thailand.

When facing arrest by Thai police is it beneficial to withhold your name and passport details.

I've been here 12 years....never had any police issues and don't want to.....butI guess cooperation would be the best bet....no sense in being smart .

This.

I don't think it would be very smart to piss of the BiB; this is not a country where you can claim police brutality or coehersion..

My bet he's not even a drug dealer but a showstopping Russian belly dancer short of cashwink.png

He does not look a typical Russian, although plenty of Middle Eastern looking men have Russian citizenship and come originally from former USSR Asian republics, like Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaidjan, etc. His first name, Sasha, though is a typical Russian name.

He does not look a typical Russian, although plenty of Middle Eastern looking men have Russian citizenship and come originally from former USSR Asian republics, like Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaidjan, etc. His first name, Sasha, though is a typical Russian name.

His first name is not Sasha , read the OP again and the spelling .

He is believed to be known as Sascha

For those small amounts give them ticket fines and send them on their way. OR tie up the courts and warehouse them for years at great cost. Get real.

When you consider the social cost of a crystal meth dependent society then the cost of imprisonment may not be as high as at first glance.

For instance, how many vehicle accidents are the result of drivers high on meth?

I don't know the answers...maybe you are right...but drugs seem to tear apart the fabric of society.

Cheers

You are quite right, there is no 'typical Russian look'. Just look at the size and diversity of that country, it speaks for itself. What people take to be the 'Russian look' are actually the Slavic features, but even that is not so easy to stereotype.

By the way there is no 'typical Thai look' either, and it always makes me laugh when I see Thai people talking in Thai to Indonesians, Malaysians, Chinese, assuming of course that they are Siamese... When the foreigners say "sorry i'm not Thai" they almost invariably reply "But you look like Thai!". Utterly absurd.

Compare say, a typical Northern white-skinned Thai with very Chinese features, a typical Southern Thai with typical Malay features, and a typical Thai/Esarn person from Sisaket or Buriram. Where's the common denominator ? Their nationality, full stop.

Edited by Yann55