Dtracker 250 - Fuel tank question

zcm

The dtracker250 apparently holds 7.7 litres of fuel.
But how many liters does the tank hold once it hits reserve tank?
Ive been timing the fuel usage, and i say i get roughly between 150-160km out of shell v-power before the fuel light comes on.
Would be good to know how much i have left in the tank once it hits reserve, so i can work out how many km i have left to find a gas station.
Thanks. :)

The easiest way would be to go for a ride with a 1/2 or 1 litre bottle of gasoline or with a friend and a length of plastic hose and find out! It will differ with road conditions.

The nice thing about Asia or Thailand is that you are never very far from one of these.

petrol-300x225.jpg

Or even a petrol vending machine

self-service-petrol-station-kanchanaburi

• Like 2

Thanks VocalNeal, appreciate the reply, but a "guesstimate" is good enough for me. smile.png

I prefer using v-power nitro+ where possible, which is part of the reasoning for finding out about reserve fuel capasity. SO i can find a SHELL garage to fill up, rather than PTT or ESSO.
Anyway, ive since found out that reserve tank holds 2 litres.
Based on my calculations (which of course would vary depending on different factors, so just a rough estimate), i would get around 35-40km out of the reserve fuel.
30km to be on the safe side.
Good to know..imo. =)

Edited by zcm

My bike gets about 20kms on reserve but it is not a DTracker. I found this out by using the method I described. Shell Nitro is I believe a gasohol so you might get better mileage using none gasahol benzine 95.

But I also use shell products ie. Shell Advance oil so I too look for Shell stations.

• Like 1

I ride a KLX 250 ( deristricted) and get an average of 29 - 32 km per liter which in theory could take me 223 -246 km. when the reserve lights goes on it's safe to say you can go at least 50km's

I mostly use benzine 95, but it runs also perfect on gasohol fuels.

Not really notice much difference in performance/smoothness/fuel economy between the Benzine 95 and Gasohol.

Most of the times I use Benzine 95, PT or PTT.

For obvious reasons fuel economy went down after removing the restriction = rev-limiter in 3rd/4th/5th and 6th gear.