Long timers - Is Thailand better or worse than 10 years ago?

thelongshoot

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With regards to immigration I suspect it's going to get worse before it gets better.

The supposed 'Out/In' crackdown is only meant to affect people using visa exemptions doing quick turn around return trips so you shouldn't really have been on their radar.

This is yet another report of hostility on entrance to the country even though you had the correct visa and don't fit the profile of the people they're going after.

From August 13th I expect we'll see the full scope of the crackdown, I think some people will be in for a surprise.

• Like 1

You're totally right. Both about treatment in Thailand and the reception you'll get when the saffron colored glasses crowd wakes up and start telling you to relax and enjoy life and smell and the roses and blah blah blah.

There's a lot of countries besides Thailand that are as nice or better. Really there are. When you go there you'll think 'why the hell did I waste so many years in a place that hated me.'

Places where you can own land in your own name. Places where you really can just show up and stay as long as you want with no hassle.

Really though, it was better ten years ago. It was cheaper, I was younger and you could do visa runs to your heart's content. I did hundreds of them.

• Like 1

May I recommend Devon?

Oh man... You think I'm that guy? Devon? Frigging Devon?

I'm gonna get blasted on this thread. I can see it coming a mile off already.....

Oh no, I don't mean Exeter (or worse Plymouth), I specifically mean the north Devon coast. It's twinned with Cha-am.

Yep ... OP, your assessment is correct ... time to leave Thailand.

Fair enough smile.png

I did read it all (your OP).

Some things that worry some people, don't worry others.

You find a distaste for how you are treated in Thailand then maybe it is a 'tap on the shoulder' to find a place that makes you happy.

That could be your birth country, somewhere else in Asia or possibly South America.

Life is too short not to enjoy it to the Max.

Go check out that greener pasture next door.

Who knows, after a decade here in Thailand, you might wish to return.

Soooooo ... "you'll never never know if you never never go"

This next bit is for the Aussies reading this ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-P0bIpUM50

• Like 2

AS you said yourself: " This is a proper useless rant" . So why bother the rest of us ?

Your frigging read it all you tool! You could have easily walked away and stuck the kettle on half way through if it bothered you that much.

It is about time that you an d a lot of others realize that things in live change, here as well as in Blighty, trying to hold on to what there was ones will only result in this type of topics, and it puts you with the rest of the whining lot.

And yes, I read it all, and yes I realized I fell for the same drivel again.

Go home and let us know what changed there, look inside your head and see what you really expect out of life taking into consideration that everything changes, and not just for you.

It seems that you have a battle going on within yourself.

My suggestion would be to change venues and live in another country ( homecountry ? ).

Being away makes you more aware of yourself probably and what you really want out of life. You will as well see Thailand, its people and culture on a different way. More...or...less appreciative.

You will see after a while feel if Thailand was only a chapter in your life or that will be another, better, chapter in your future life.

Good luck !

• Like 1

What I gather the OP is saying is that he is/was running a business from Thailand online illegally without a work permit and he failed to ensure that his phone bill was paid prior to temporary leaving the country and then feels it`s an injustice when the phone company cut him off.

Good, I am happy to learn that Immigration have now seriously begun cracking down on people like the OP who have an attitude problem and believe that some of the laws of Thailand are a personal affront against them, so why should they abide by the system here as they know better.

The real deal is, that the OP is unable to hack it in Thailand and he is right that England is more befitting to people of his ilk, a country where people can practise having bad attitudes to impunity and at least there he will be able to scratch out a living without breaking the rules.

Good luck to all who sail in her.

I can think of perhaps two people I know in the UK that have bad attitudes to impunity.

And I'm one of them.

May I recommend Devon?

May I recommend an insane asylum

You may if you include a flock of devastatingly attractive sheep.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2