Free food and entry fee waiver at national zoos on July 11: Thailand

webfact

Free food and entry fee waiver at national zoos on July 11

PNSOC570703001000301_03072014_100112.jpg

BANGKOK, 3 July 2014 (NNT) – The Zoological Park Organization of Thailand (ZPO) has announced it will waive entry fees at all 7 zoos plus an elephant home under its jurisdiction on July 11, to heed the National Council for Peace and Order's policy to foster happiness among the public.

ZPO director Wirawat Yomchinda said the agency will host the 'immediate return of happiness, free visits to zoos' event on Friday, July 11 at 7 of its zoological parks.

These include Dusit Zoo in Bangkok, Khao Kheow Open Zoo in Chonburi, Chiang Mai Zoo, Nakhon Ratchasima Zoo, Songkhla Zoo, Khonkaen Zoo, and Ubon Ratchathani Zoo. However, activities at Surin Elephant Kingdom Project will be held this Saturday (July 5).

Visitors to the zoological parks on the said dates will have special opportunities to take photos of the animals and enjoy food brought in by quality vendors, free of charge. Free souvenirs will also be given to the visitors.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-07-03 footer_n.gif

• Like 2

Good to see that we are steering away from all those nasty populist policies of previous governments!

A friend told me a few months ago, when this populist government is ousted, the real populism will roar it's head.

There certainly seems to be 2 or 3 new ones each week.

But not populist of course, simply returning Happyness to the people.

That's exactly roman formula for keeping the hungry and angry population compliacent - give scraps of bread and cheap entertainment. But 'immediate happiness' is a pure thai invention

• Like 2

Is that free food to give to the Animals ?

if for the Visitors how do you eat a bag of rice and a bag fat and bone curry liquid ?

Ask anyone who has eaten an early morning curry after a "night on the lash" in any city centre in the UK. They should be able to give you a few pointers, though I think you need to prep yourself with massive quantities of lager first. Edited by Bluespunk

The good General can play Santa Claus for now but at the end of the day there will need to be some tough decisions made on economic policy. I can't wait for those discussions/decisions.

• Like 1

I'm not a complainer like so many on TV which seem to have something to always complain about.

Personally I think it's a very caring and generous gesture. It should be a nice event on this special Buddhist holiday.

Even if they decide to charge me because I'm a foreigner I can still present my drivers license to get a reduced rate which I don't mind paying. Besides, my child will enjoy exploring the animal world at the zoo.

I wonder if this will also apply to foreigners ?

Wig, baseball cap and dark glasses with three days beard growth should work as there will be many beggars looking for the free food.

three days beard growth should work

You ever saw what a three days beard on the average Thai looks like?

The good news is: Mr. Propellerflop is not in charge of the free meals at the zoo.

Edited by Lupatria

The good General can play Santa Claus for now but at the end of the day there will need to be some tough decisions made on economic policy. I can't wait for those discussions/decisions.

July 11, to heed the National Council for Peace and Order's policy to foster happiness among the public.

That is the statement that bothers me. You vil be happy.

Don't forget your driving license.

jb1

Yeah neither can I maybe they will increase the financial requirements for farang retirees :P

July 11, to heed the National Council for Peace and Order's policy to foster happiness among the public.

That is the statement that bothers me. You vil be happy.

Don't forget your driving license.

jb1

PRBKk would need a happiness transplant not his DL

• Like 1