Pelt/tesol Tefl Int

Their proper course is okay and if you're going to study with them I'd suggest you do that.

I don't like the PELT though as it's more a buy a job course....only 4 or 5 days training as well, so it doesn't comply to the supposed international standard (100 hours plus class time and at least 6 hour observed teaching practice).

We don't teach English by having students watch DVDs, so I personally don't see how you can learn to be a teacher by doing the same.

So far, it seems unanimous. Almost any of the four week, 100 hour plus 6 hours of observed teaching EFL courses in Thailand should prepare you better than a one week or one day course, obviously, all other things being unequal.

The teaching scene in Thailand lately is such that you don't need a course to promise you a job; you ought to be able to do that yourself, by the time the four or five weeks is finished.

Thank you all for the feedback. It seemed like a way to work and earn my qualifications. Allowing my wife to work part time till we both had qualifications. Unfort I decided not to take the Stamford course when my wife did. Bang up course would recommend it to anyone.