Phuket park chief moves to block land papers for 'encroacher'

webfact

These include the Phuket Peninsula Spa & Resort, Central and City Development, Land State Co, Suchada Sangsuwan, Andaman White Beach, Malaiwana Naithon, Imperial Adamas, La Colline, Layan Phuket, and Three Dolphins

Wow, there are some long-established hotels in that list, (but whose legal claim to build in that location has always seemed dubious, to say the least).

AFAIK, Phuket Peninsula is the owner of the abandoned hotel at the southern end of NY beach - I recall the original adverts at the airport selling apartments before construction started. Then the business partners fell out, Hyatt Regency got involved, more disagreements etc, and the hotel construction was never completed.

Andaman White Beach is Andaman White Beach Hotel, south of Naithon Beach.

Malaiwana Naithon are luxury villas on/near Naithon Beach.

La Colline is the private villa above Layan Beach, owned by a French guy and previously mentioned in news reports.

Does anyone know which properties are owned by the other companies mentioned?

It would be interesting to know the legal status of a certain 5-star hotel on NY Beach (4 letters) that was built right inside the national park..

Imperial Adamas is the low-rise hotel at the southern end of NY beach, used to be called The Aramas

^ La Colline is not the big landed villa on the coast owned by the Frenchman whose name is I believe, Mr Gaultier [sic?]. It is a multi villa development owned by an American and located east of the coastal road 4018, on the allegedly illegal upper Layan Soi 7 spur ( allegedly built by Cheng Telay Or Bor Tor. When will that office be raided?)

Prior reports had it apparently only a small parts of it are on Park land as it sits on the south side of the illegal road.

Also on that upper spur and within the Reserved boundary is a World worker's camp that glaringly carved out about one rai of Forest Preserve. I sent pics to the Environment Protection Office about three months ago. It is still operating. ABout 200 meters up the hill is an abandoned fairly new Park Ranger house, left unlocked and appears to have been abandoned in a hurry ( about 4 months ago ) Would make a nice squat.

Land and State sold out to Avadina or ....something Hills who spend 18 hours a day constructing what looks like will be a skyscraper. That site has cleared dozen of rai and are still doing so.

WHEN WILL CHERNG- TELAY PERMITTING OFFICE BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE ?? Investigate that office who issue permits to build, look at that Chief's bank account-or maybe way too big a fish to fry compared to a few local yokel taxi thugs?

Edited by EBlair48

Just cannot wait for someone to move on to Koh Samui and start having a good look at enroachments here.

Koh Samet? Koh Chang? And why not visit the few unspoiled places that are left and make sure they stay that way?

Just an amendment to prior post above- Land and State Co., Inc. is still listed on the Avadina Hills sales center sign, ( located a couple of hundred meters south from the building site, on route 4018 ) so I was wrong the property had been sold.

Why are they still building? There's also a new site that appears to be related, or using the same construction company at least, that is putting in foundations just behind the beach on the east side of the river, about 10 rai or so cleared there.

This is all jurisdiction of the Cherng- Telay permitting office. I've had my own interesting experience with this office that libel laws prevent me from disclosing here. I think I can safely say that I could offer evidence on a prosecutor's case.